Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

MUD LITES OR BEAR CLAWS

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 09:24 PM
rhd
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MUD LITES OR BEAR CLAWS

I have narrowed my search down to these two tires. Not sure which is the best of the two for my needs. I am looking for the best all terrian tire. I want something that will wear and handle good on trails and gravel roads as well as be good in the mud.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Range Rover

i got bearclaws on one of my quads and mudlites on the other i like the bearclaws better, great all terrain tire and wear like iron, plus bead protector and side lugs cant say nothing bad about them, mudlites are good tires to although mine are wearing really fast and had to use a couple of plugs in them.

Old 05-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

Plugs are something you'll have to get used to with the Mudlites. They seem to have week sidewalls.
Buck

Old 05-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just had to make the same decision, Lites or Claws. I went with the Claws. I can't comment on wear yet(only have 100 miles on them), but they look a lot tougher than the Mudlites my friends have. I got mine at tires4fun for $295.00 delivered. I went with 27X10x12's on the front and 27X12x12 on the rear. My bike is a 450 Foreman. Also put on a Perfex Long Travel Suspension kit.
Its like having a new bike. I am extremely happy with both these upgrades.

Jaxson

Old 05-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just got claws a couple of months ago and love them. I had lites on my prairie and they were good also. I do think the claws will be a tougher tire in the long run. Either way I don't think you can go wrong.

Old 05-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Range Rover

Several riders in our group have mudlites and as many have claws. The claws seem to be a better handeling tire and the lites a little bit better in the mud. If you jump down in the creeks, you will be better off with the claws also, the lites tend to dig down in the sand where the claws will float on top of the sand a little longer. And as far as the mud goes, I've made it everywhere the mudlites have gone and I have the claws.

Old 05-16-2006, 01:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Hmmmm I was going to get mud lite XTR's but you guy's have me second guessing now!

Old 05-17-2006, 07:59 AM
Range Rover

i had the claws on my warrior (see pics) for awhile now and they have worked out super on the warrior she will go anywhere with them my bruin and timberwolf have mudlites and when they need replacing which by the way there wearing wont be long they will be replaced with claws, excellent tire!

Old 05-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

The claws are so versatile. Hard pack, loose dirt, sand, rocks, light to medium mud, they handle it all in stride. I don't consider them a tire for heavy/deep mud though, they lack the lug pattern/depth to compete with a true mud tire. For everything else though, they are awesome...

Old 05-29-2006, 01:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just purchased a set of Mud Lite AT tires for my 2003 Honda Foreman S as replacements for the OEM tires. What sold me on these over the Bear Claw is their weight. I just put the first 57 miles on the tires and was quite pleased so far. They are 6 ply rated, yet have enough flex at 3 psi to conform around rocks during nasty uphill climbs. I found they have much more grip than the stock tires, it is much more difficult to kick out the back end of the machine. The only problem I noticed with the directional tread is they lose a lot of grip in reverse and have spun on two occasions today. Has anybody else noticed this?

Quick Reply: MUD LITES OR BEAR CLAWS