Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Snow Ski Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow Ski Conversion Kit

I am looking for the snowmobile snow ski conversion kit that adapts to the front wheel lugs. I have seen the same kit on 2 different quads in ATV magizines. Does anyone have any idea who manufactures these kits or where I can get them?

Old 01-22-2007, 03:34 AM
Range Rover
Location: Central Valley Ca 1.5 hr to the Sierra Mts & 2 hrs to Pismo Beach

I am also looking for ski to adapt to the front. I have the tracks on the back already.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Keep me posted if you find anything relating to this kit. I know someone is making it because I saw it on 2 different quads in 2 different magazines. I will keep you posted if I here of anything as well.

Thanks, Jim

Old 01-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Range Rover

I will be welding the ski this weekend I will let you know how it goes.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Are you welding on premanufactured snowmobile skies? If so, could you send me some pictures of your home made adapters?

Thanks!

Old 01-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

Are they something like these?
http://www.roxdefinedimages.com/sno_v_force.htm

Old 01-30-2007, 12:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yes! This is exactly what I am looking for! Do you know who makes these and where I can buy them?

Trending Topics

Old 02-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Made my own ski mounts for my trailblazer using a set of Ski Doo persison skis. The skis have holes in them so it is easy to mount to them. They also have 2 carbides to make them steer better. They are the same as the skis on SurfSandNSnow's link I just made my own mount. It is a blast to ride but. The stock tires dig down in the snow to much. I need a way to ride on top of the snow with the back end. Where did the tracks come from? How much (i'm cheap)? Anybody try paddles? Anybody wants pictures let me know.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:11 AM
Range Rover

I made a pair of skis as well.
I took them out for a trial run last weekend. They seemed to work well but i have the ski too far back so I need to remount so the ski is out frount more. I take the wheel off and bolt the ski to the hub.
The tracks i have are from litefoot (mattracks) they were about $5000 for a set of 4.
I would like to see pics if you have any. I would post pics but do not know how.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I posted some pictures on my page.
http://forums.atvconnection.com/phot.../ID/11575/#TOP
This was just a quickly put together trial run. I honestly thought that the weld at the bottom of the spindle mount would break. To my surprise it and all the rest of the welds held even with some abuse. The spindle mount seemed like an easier idea then to mount it to the hub. I got the idea from lilnot?s pictures. http://forums.atvconnection.com/photos.cfm/ID/198/#TOP
The brake caliper mounts and the spindle nut work great to hold the mount. The lower mount is just a bolt through 3 pieces of tube with the outside tubes welded to the lower plate. It goes great in 1 to 6 inches of snow or if I follow a trail packed by snowmobiles. If I get up to speed I can go anywhere but if I stop I dig down when I take off. I need to find a way to get the back end up on the snow. I?m sure the best answer is tracks but the cost is more then the budget can take. Would like to see your setup. Did you use the skis with the tracks? Are the tracks kinda heavy?

Quick Reply: Snow Ski Conversion Kit