Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

terracross tires tested on outy 650 max

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006 | 07:07 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default terracross tires tested on outy 650 max

i got the 26 in. terra cross tires on 14 in. rims c-7 type.sweet.tire treads are gummy.but compared to the carlisle acts .they have alot more traction andmade the outy handle better.not that it handled bad before.less tire spin definately.i did some real sick hillclimbs with this thing. some climbs most people would not do.unless they have no fear,are skilled or just nuts.the tires were tested on very rocky tails and in the coal strip mines at tower city pennsylvania.any questions?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-18-2006 | 07:43 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

They appear to have the same casing as the Holeshot ATR, which has proven to be an excellent tire for me. I actually think I like the TerraCross tread pattern better.

Old 09-18-2006 | 08:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Geez, im suprised that the almighty power from the Outty didnt peel the rubber right off the tires, or that you didnt have a fully loaded pickup truck with the parking brake on hooked to the back of it, and passed everyone else going up the hill. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-18-2006 | 08:48 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

LMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] V2rider......

Old 09-18-2006 | 10:12 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

i wish i had a more impressive story.but thats it just the truth and an opinion formed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]from my experience.i seen a couple of post that people were interested in this tire since it is new.

Old 10-06-2006 | 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spikal
i got the 26 in. terra cross tires on 14 in. rims c-7 type.sweet.tire treads are gummy.but compared to the carlisle acts .they have alot more traction andmade the outy handle better.not that it handled bad before.less tire spin definately.i did some real sick hillclimbs with this thing. some climbs most people would not do.unless they have no fear,are skilled or just nuts.the tires were tested on very rocky tails and in the coal strip mines at tower city pennsylvania.any questions?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Never mind v2rider, he cannot pass up a chance to bash an outy. His tires and quad are the best in the world too.

What made you choose the terra cross tires over the holeshot atr?

How many miles on rocky trails with the 'gummy' tread? I ride a lot of rock, what traction and wear did you see?

Have you done much fast trail riding with them?

Thanks

Old 10-06-2006 | 09:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

How tall are the 26" terracross tires. Did you loose any clearance on your outty?

v2 you seem to have a chip on your shoulder when any topic regards the Can Am? Many of your posts regarding the outlander have been nothing but criticism... I'm curious why?

Old 10-06-2006 | 10:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I wrote that post hoping brpbear would read it. If you read his posts, you will know why

Old 10-12-2006 | 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

spikal, you there?

Old 10-12-2006 | 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

They appear to have the same casing as the Holeshot ATR, which has proven to be an excellent tire for me. I actually think I like the TerraCross tread pattern better.
>>>>>>>>>>>

Which quad are you running the ATR's on? I'm VERY curious about these tires. I'm going back and forth on what tires to get for my Outlander. I know you do mostly desert riding and I'm doing mostly mountain riding, I'll encounter SOME mud but I don't go looking for it.

The new ITP mud lite xtr's<?> look like a pretty nice tire as well.

Quick Reply: terracross tires tested on outy 650 max