Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

terracross tires tested on outy 650 max

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006 | 01:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default terracross tires tested on outy 650 max

Mike, I went ahead and got the terracross tires, 26" on 14" wheels. Haven't had a chance to use them yet.

I've heard the XTR's slide around, don't need that on the side of a mountain.

BTW, ITP has just come out with lifetime warranty wheels, break or bend, they will replace. They are called SS Alloys, aluminum. So new it's not on ITP's website yet, but I saw the announcement on another site. That's how I get flats in the middle of nowhere, rim bending. Then beat it back in, always a little leak, dislike the slime, doesn't work anyway. Fix-a-flat, I always have a couple of those with me, they work pretty good. With the SS Alloys, no more of those problems! I missed these wheels by about 2 weeks or I would have gotten them if they're not out of sight on price.

Old 10-21-2006 | 10:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default terracross tires tested on outy 650 max

Originally posted by: raidermike67

>>>>>>>>>>>

Which quad are you running the ATR's on? I'm VERY curious about these tires. I'm going back and forth on what tires to get for my Outlander. I know you do mostly desert riding and I'm doing mostly mountain riding, I'll encounter SOME mud but I don't go looking for it.

The new ITP mud lite xtr's<?> look like a pretty nice tire as well.
Raider, I have them on my Grizzly. When paired with the ITP rims, they actually add roughly 3 inches of width to the stance of the machine. The Grizzly isn't supposed to be the best quad in off-camber situations but these tires changed all that. The handling improved tremendously too.

I'm happy with the overall grip of the tires too. Every incline I've tried hasn't been a big problem. I've had them in soupy mud too and they still helped to propel me out. Great tire! You won't be dissatisfied.