Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

ITP T-9 or C Series? (Pros & Cons)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 04:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITP T-9 or C Series? (Pros & Cons)

I'm planning to order some new wheels and tires for my Suzuki z400. I can get either the ITP T-9 Aluminum wheels or the ITP C Series for about the same price. The C Series look nice in the photos, but I'm wondering if there's a downside (Heavy? Not as strong or dent-resistant?). Which would you get? I'm also undecided about whether to get 9" or 10" rims. I'm not sure which would be heavier (is more tire or more rim better?) I'm planning to get the ITP Holeshot HD tires. I mostly trail ride.

Thanks

Doug

Old 03-23-2007, 09:03 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had some real nice looking rims (ITP Magnum...the predecessor to the C-Series) on my utility quads. I found that I was babying them so I wouldn't skin them up. I recently went back to the stock rims and tires, and know what, I'm having a lot more fun and riding a lot more nasty stuff because I'm not living in fear of dinging some expensive rims.....

So, I say definitely pass up the C-Series! The only place I would run them on a sport quad is in the dunes, where you don't have anything to bash them up.

I have owned all of the three different kinds of ITP T-9 rims. The T-9 Baja rims are superb, and well worth the extra money....a perfect choice for desert cross country riding! They will stand up to any abuse you can throw at them. Of course they are more heavy because of the reinforcement ring, but hey I never really notice it.

The standard T-9 rims with the bell shaped lip are to fragile. You will bend a lip at some point for sure! They are however very light, so I only use these in the dunes.

A good compromise might be the T-9 GP series which have a rolled lip. They fall somewhere between the Baja and standard rims in strength, weight, and price. I have found them to be very durable, and certainly a bit stronger than the stock rims that came on your Z. (Only thing I don't like is that the GP rear rims are 1" narrower. I like my rims wide and with a good bit of offset, so it adds to the width (stability) of the quad.)

So, I run the Baja rims on my 400 and 450, the GP on the kids 250's, and the standards for sand tires only. That strategy has worked well for me here in So. Calif!

Old 03-28-2007, 08:29 AM
DS2
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't give you any comparisons, but I have the ITP T9 Pro Series Pro Lock with Holeshot HD's. The only complaint I have is the added weight of the tire/rim package over stock. Reliability/durability was my main goal.