Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

? about my/your swamplites

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 27" swamplites

well i bought these tires about 4 months ago and when i put them on my bike they looked as if the rear tires were taller than the front. as time passed (because i was gone working) i finally measured them from the ground to the top. the front tires with 3.5 lbs of air in them measure right at 25.50". The rear tires with only 3lbs. sit at 26.25". so why do my tires that are both 27' not even close to each other in size? thats gonna screw up my gearing if in 4 wheel drive now. im not worried about the actual size being 26' (even though they are supposed to be 27"),but the differnce is my concern. anyone else with swamplites have this problem? thanks!

also, if anyone has 28-10x12 swamplites on there bike could you tell me what it measures from the grond to the top of the tire? if its a half inch more than my fronts now then ill just put 28S on the front to make up the difference. thank you all for your time.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!
Default ? about my/your swamplites

I have 26" Swamplites and they measure 26" in front and 25 3/4" in the rear. Not much difference and much better than the 25" Mudlite XL's I had that was actually 23 1/4" tall. Of course I'm not sure if the Arctic Cat weight would be a factor in the heighth due to it being a much heavier ATV.
Enjoy the Swamplites. They are a fun tire.
Buck

Old 04-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

thanks for the reply buck. if mine were off 1/4" i wouldnt worry about it either. mine are 3/4 " off and its very noticable. i see what you are saying about the weight also,thats why i have more air in front than the rear. oh well i guess ill either deal with it or get 28s on the front. thanks again!

Old 04-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

Question to you mudslinginfool or anyone else with Swamplites. Is the tread on your tires straight?. I know this sounds silly but someone riding behind me thought my tire was loose and after bringing it home and jacking it up and running it with the tires up, it seems as though the tread is very crooked on one tire and not real straight on the other. I've seen this on a set of Goodyears once but that's it.
Thanks for answers in advance!
Buck

Old 04-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

mine are straight buck. i went up to the dealer who sold me my tires today and told him my problem. he called interco while i was there and they said to ship them back ,they'll look at them then let us know. the only problem with that is that it cost $50 to ship it then another to ship it back. so i told my dealer to just order the 28s and we agreed that if they dont fit correct(make the difference up)he'll take them back and no money loss to me. so we'll see next week and ill let you know what happens. thanks.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I love my Swamplites! The tread is straight on mine. Ive never seen crooked tread! That would sort of bug me a little. As long as they work i guess. But i would tend to think that would cause premature wear on the tread

Old 04-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: v2rider
I love my Swamplites! The tread is straight on mine. Ive never seen crooked tread! That would sort of bug me a little. As long as they work i guess. But i would tend to think that would cause premature wear on the tread

Thats sorta what I figured. Also I'd think from the side to side motion it could wear some suspension parts too.
Buck

Old 04-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

Mudslinginfool-I have noticed the difference you are talking about on stock tires as well. Fronts seem to be around an inch shorter. Stock I have had Goodyear tracker P's, Rawhides. and Polaris PXT's-all measured shorter in front and not at height called out on tire. Mud Lites and 589's I've had are similar with front's being about an inch shorter than rears. I figured the gearing must match if that's how they come from factory.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

well you would think that if it was supossed to be an inch shorter than they would have 25" rear and 24" front. when my dealer called about my problem ,they asked if the tire was over inflated(stretched) and my dealer told them no. but when i got them from the dealer all my tires were different air pressres. from 12 psi to 18 psi. of course i only run 4 or 5psi. should hear more today about my 28s i ordered to put on the front. thanks.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whats the weight distribution of the machine 50 %/50% ? or what more weight on the front means more squish

Quick Reply: ? about my/your swamplites