Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

ITP Mud Lites vs. Kenda Bear Claw vs. Interco swamp lite

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITP Mud Lites vs. Kenda Bear Claw vs. Interco swamp lite

I'm trying to decide on all new tires for my trailboss 250 4x4. I want to put 25" tires on it. iv narrowed it down to either mud lites, bear claws or swamp lites. i ride in alot of deep snow and mud for half the year as well as alot of average trail riding in the summer so its important to have a tire that can do both decently. i guess when it comes down to it, traction in the mud and snow is more key than ride comfort. does anyone have experience with any of these? maybe all?

Old 10-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Trailblazer

i would go with mudlites - by far the lightest tire of the bunch. If you get too heavy of a tire your will loose too much of the 250's power. i purchased super grip's super lite tire - they are basically a mudlite knock off - but they have a rim guard and a tougher compound. been happy with them so far.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

i found the super grip tire on a web site and it seems like a great tire, i just cant find a place to buy them online or off. were did you get them and about how much did you pay? thanks

Old 10-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have over 1000 miles on my Swamplites in EVERY terrain, and they still look almost new. You can see a good picture in my pics if you want. I will be buying these tires again if ever needed

Old 10-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer

i bought supergrip's super lite tires (AT lug) on supergrip's five star cast wheels.

size 25x8x12 actual weight 25 lbs per tire/wheel combo. diameter is 24.5" with 5lbs of air on concrete floor (this is mounted on quad)

25x10x12 actual weight is 30 lbs per tire & wheel combo. diameter is the same as front 24.5"

Stock wheels/tires were 22 lbs in front and 25.5 lbs in back...diameter was 24.25" with 3/8 tread left.

So i gained a total of 17 pounds of wheel/ tire weight over stock weight (i stayed in the stock size)

width; even though the offsets are claimed to be the same - i gained 4" in width in the front and 2" in width in the back. this is huge for me as i was looking for extra stability. i understand one extra inch per corner as the stock claim to be 8" wide in the front and 10" in the back - however in realty they are 7" wide in the front and 9" in the back. the extra 2" in the front is made up of add'l offset.

Total set up was $500 (includes shipping, lug nuts and center caps). from http://www.kgmotorcycletires.com

Old 10-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

I agree with v2rider. I have Swamplites and love them. One of the few tires true to their heighth. You could get a set of 25" Swamplites on Douglas Rattlesnake rims for $511 from <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.extremetires.com
">http://www.extremetires.com
</a>
You can see the rims and tires in my pics. Hope this helps.
Buck

Old 10-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Range Rover

I'm with the swamp lites, they are 6 ply rated a little heavier, but the extra plys on rock mean a lot . Great in Mud and looking to ride in the snow now.
I have them on my 2x4 250 Timberwolf and I'm a big guy no problems and you can get them at
www.mudthrowers.com
with free shipping

Trending Topics

Old 10-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

how deep is the tread on the 23" ones? it says n/a for tread depth on the smaller sizes. i dont have to much extra cash right now and need to re-use my stock 10" wheels. the 25-11-10 in the back are fine but in the front i can only have 8" wide and the only 8" wide x 10 are the 23" tires. would it be silly to put the swamp lights in the back and super grips in the front?

Old 10-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Range Rover

I believe the tread depth is 1" I have 22x 11x 10 only on the back.
on the front I have kenda 21 x 7 x 10 front.
so if you only have 2 wheel drive I don't think you would have to bother in a very aggressive tread in front. IMO

Old 10-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

it is a 4x4. iv now read that the swamp lights throw alot of roost. thats a bit of a concern because i do ride with other people behind me, is it really that bad? are would the mud lites be the same way?

Quick Reply: ITP Mud Lites vs. Kenda Bear Claw vs. Interco swamp lite