Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

want new front tires that dont suck

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want new front tires that dont suck

thanks. im sad that my honda had to take the beating that it did. but its made pretty tough. took the back rack off a few minutes ago and the plastics slowly moved themselves back into position. back of the frame is bent just a tad but theres no bracing there so i thought itd be worse. front rack got pushed back just a little and the brace that comes thru the fender got bent straight back. but its in better condition than i am.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Range Rover

Like u said it could been worse!! some one was looking out for you man!!

Old 06-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Range Rover

yeah. next friday im ordering some mudlites as soon as i get my paycheck.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:37 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: zeww89

i got goodyear tires up front on my honda 300. want some new ones soon. dont know what to get or whos good. i need some that will last and dont puncture as easy as these goodyears. theres more plugs and patches in them than there is actual tire. it doesnt take anything to tear or stab them. im in mud and rocks a good bit with some back roads. i need some suggestions as to what would be good for my riding. i dont want to go oversized. id like to keep the 23-24" stance. but i really have no clue of what to get. any help would be much appreciated.</end quote></div>

What kind of Goodyears? 5 years ago I had a set of Goodyear MudRunners with a full inch of tread that would outperform any mud tire their size or 1-2 inches taller. The only problem was that they were so aggressive they threw a lot of dirt, rocks, and roots up in the air behind me. I got one very slow leak when I pulled a nail out, but it quit leaking when I put a plug in it. They would probably last 10,000 miles if somebody didn't steal my quad.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:00 AM
Range Rover

they werent nothing good just the stock tires. i think theyre called like at911 or somethin. they suck. back tires were allright if you put about 15lbs of air in them. recomended air 3lbs. i liked the fact that they slung mud descently. that was about it.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

well nevermind about gettin new tires now. i gotta get new plastics and racks. some a$$hole ran me off the road today and caused me to swerve and i flipped on to the road. now im covered in scratches and open wounds and busted fingers and my hondas racks are completely screwed, and the back plastics are cracked. he didnt even get over or anything. didnt even stop. im glad i had a helmet on. id be dead or close to it right now if i didnt. but if i had better front tires i probly wouldnt have flipped. cause my front right tire rolled when i swervred around the car. wich caused me to flip. i can barely type right now. God must have a good plan for me if he was watchin over me then.</end quote></div>

What ever God brings you into, he WILL bring you through....Just like the swamp I always used to get stuck in that's blocking me from my trail!! Now he has answered me with a set of Interco Swamp Lite tires.
Yeah, sorry about that, but I'm glad you okay too. That driver should have moved over for you and stopped to see if you were alright. Some people these days, I'll tell ya.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

yeah. next friday im ordering some mudlites as soon as i get my paycheck.</end quote></div>

My friend's brother's friend has 22" ITP Mudlites on his atv and he said they have trouble climbing over logs and rocks and aren't all that great for normal trail riding. I'm not sure if this is all true or not since I've read bad things and good things about this tire. I also heard that if you spin these tires just a little bit in sticky mud, they will slick over quickly. Oh, and these comments are directed to the Mudlite AT, not XL or XXL. The Mudlite ATs only get above average traction over stock tires, another words, a waist of money. You'd be much happier with Interco Swamp Lites as I've only heard good things about them and experienced AWESOME things with them. Deep lugs, awesome trail manners, and a very soft ride, as well as precise tracking.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Range Rover

dang. i was lookin at the at. cause its the only ones i could find that would fit my rims, and i could get all 4 for a little over $200.

but he could have trouble cause they're small. my backs would be like a 25" and fronts 23-24". and it could just be his skill or wheeler.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Range Rover

hey tancat500 do you know anything about the artic cat dvx?400. theres a used one at a local dealership and im lookin for a sport quad soon. the only thing i know about it is its 400ccs and has removable fenders. and its been rolled cause the handlebars are bent. but do you know if theres any problems that occur with them?

Old 06-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Range Rover

No i have actually heard alot of good things about them. Take care of it and it should be a good one.. That is if its not already been overly abused.. How much are they wanting? And what year?

Quick Reply: want new front tires that dont suck