Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

want new front tires that dont suck

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want new front tires that dont suck

i think its a 06 but im not sure and i couldnt get a price out of them cause they dont know what its worth. but i know they cant get a lot out of it. its been rolled for sure and the frame and front bumper have got a good bit of rust on them. theres some kind of plastic trim missing off the front end and its scratched to peices. but a good cleaning and new plastics and it would look alright. but its either that or a used yfz450. cause ive found a few modded 06 yfzs for like $3500.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Range Rover

I don't know anything about the yfz 450. I would look the arctic cat over real close test ride it and make sure there aren't any mechanical problems and if all satisfys you then get it. That is if they don't want to much!! Alittle plastic and TLC goes along way on an abused quad if the price is right!

Old 06-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Range Rover

thats what i hate about the dealership tho. they dont allow test drives. on anything. so i dont know how loud it is if it even starts if theres anything wrong on the inside. or suspension wise. i know itll need new tires in a few months with me ridin it. but i think im just gonna stick with something im more familiar with and go for a yfz450. cause who knows whats goin on inside that artic cat.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Range Rover

Yeah if they dont offer test drives wouldn't even look. Unless i was going to buy brandnew!

Old 06-21-2008, 03:01 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

The stock tire on most Hondas are cheap two plys,get atleast 4 or 6 plys.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

If you buy a sport quad, you wont be putting 25" tires on it. just a warning

Old 06-22-2008, 11:29 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

On the sidewall of your ATV tire you will find star imprints. Each star equals 2-ply. For example: three stars on the sidewall of a tire means the tire is rated at 6-ply.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Range Rover

oh no im not planing puttin 25" on a sport. i just want to get a sport to ride cause im tired of all my friends leaving me behind. i got a 300cc utility. theyve got 450ccs and up sports. but before i get a sport im gonna get some new tires for my 300.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Range Rover

is there a website where you can search by tire and rim size instead of looking thru all the good tires just to find that it doesnt fit. cause i cant find anything that will fit my back rims (25x8-11) id prefer not to go any tire sizes bigger. and i really dont want to get new rims in the back and have the stocks up front.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can get several tires in that size including 489s, 589s, Mud Lites, Swamp Lites, Dirt Devil IIs, Bear Claws, and one of my favorites, Goodyear Mud Runners. They have Run-Flat Technology. I saw an ATV magazine test them out by cutting a 2" hole in the sidewall and driving it around. The 25" is better in mud than most 26" and 27" mud tires. Mine were awesome but weren't Run Flats. They ride nice and smooth on hard dirt and pavement too. Some mud tires have a bumpy ride on any hard surface.

Goodyear ATV run-flat tires are high performance tires with a remarkable extra feature: if needed, they can operate for limited distances at very low or zero inflation. So, even with a total loss of air pressure, ATV run-flats let you continue driving at least 50 miles at 25mph* until you can secure proper maintenance!

In addition, run-flat tires:
Are compatible with any ATV wheel, new or used.
Don't require special tools or wheel assembly.
Can be repaired easily, following standard repair procedures.
Have a lower inflation requirement for a smooth, comfortable ride.

Quick Reply: want new front tires that dont suck