Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

2007 Kingquad 700 What tires?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 04:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Kingquad 700 What tires?

I am looking at getting some new tires for the 700 kingquad, I do alot of trail riding, and I like to play in the mud and snow. But I spend most of my time on rocky trails. What is a good all around tire that works in these conditions?

Old 07-31-2008, 08:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Kingquad 700 What tires?

There are many choices that will suit you just fine, mudlites, swamplites, bearclaws, mud tracks, dirt devils, bighorns, xtr's, gators, mud bugs, spartacus, mud hogs,...etc the list is extensive. however right now the two tires that seem to be garnering the most attention are the Maxxis Zillas and Highlifter MST's. The mst's seem to be one of if not the absolute best all around tire--it isn't very heavy, seems to be wearing very well, is one of the best trail tires you will find, flat profile like a radial, siping for hard slick surfaces and good for snow and ice, plus it will pull you through all but the most difficult mud bogs. The Zillas are VERY light--probably the lighttest 6 ply tire out right now, looks to have very good tred design that is over an inch tall (1 1/8--I think) that will ride rather smooth on the trails and of course pull you through the thick stuff at least as good as any other "all terrain" type tire. If weight, acceleration and top end are your highest priorities the zillas are the way to go--they won't let you down on the trail either. If trail riding it your main goal without getting stuck in even moderate mud the MST's look like they are hard to beat. The Zilla's measure just a bit short where as the MST's seem to measure true.

Now if money is an issue (and when isn't it) the swamplites seem like they are the least expensive tire going now. They have been receiving real good reviews and are highly liked. they seem to be decent in the slop and real good on the trails and snow. They are heavy though and some people have stated that they seem to wear rather quickly. Next in line from a money standpoint is the venerable Mud Lites. These are kind of the standard by which all other tires have been mesured for a while now. They are great all around tires--not necessarily the best at anything, but not terrible at anything either.

Again, there are tons of options and you can spend months turning yourself in circles trying to decide. If you stick with any of the big boys you will do just fine.