Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Best all terrain tires.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best all terrain tires.

I want to know what the best all terrain tires I should get for when I get my new Grizzly 700. I have taken Excutioners, Bear Claw EX, Bear Claws, Spatacus, Dirt Devl II's, and Dirt Commanders into consideration. What does well in mud, rocks, and bumpy trails with logs and steep hills? Can you rate the tire for each of these terrain conditions? Thank you.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Trailblazer

bump.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome too the forum Destruction. ITP TerraCross R/T Radials look like they're among the best all-terrain tires ever made for utility and sport/utility quads, but I think Executioners would be better in mud. If you ride 50% of the time in mud then you need mud tires. If you ride 10% of the time in mud you don't. I ride 1% of the time in mud, and any kind of mud tire is a waste of money for me.

Frank

Old 08-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

Welcome too the forum Destruction. ITP TerraCross R/T Radials look like they're among the best all-terrain tires ever made for utility and sport/utility quads, but I think Executioners would be better in mud. If you ride 50% of the time in mud then you need mud tires. If you ride 10% of the time in mud you don't. I ride 1% of the time in mud, and any kind of mud tire is a waste of money for me.

Frank</end quote></div>

Thanks what do you think of spartacus tires? Yeah i'd say I ride about 50 percent of my time in the mud but still go over alot of rocky terrian or terrain with huge lumps and stumps in the ground and all kinds of logs as well. If I get pure mud tires soley designed for that purpose than they would wear out to quick cause of all the other terrain I also drive on but spartacus looks like it can conquer all the terrains pretty good. Dirt devil II, Dirt Tamper and Dirt Commander look badass too.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never heard of the Spartacus tire before. I just took a look at it and think it would be a winner if it just had more tread depth. 7/8 of an inch is okay but more would be better. I can't believe they didn't at least put a full inch on them. For $434.44 a set I think you should get a little more tire for your money.

The only mud tires I ever had were Goodyear MudRunners and they hardly wore at all on dirt, rocks, stumps, and a little pavement. I had them 5 years before my quad was stolen and they looked like they would last another 20 years. As long as you get mud tires that aren't made of soft rubber I don't think you should worry about wear. Just find one you like and you'll find out on your own how long it lasts in your riding.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

I never heard of the Spartacus tire before. I just took a look at it and think it would be a winner if it just had more tread depth. 7/8 of an inch is okay but more would be better. I can't believe they didn't at least put a full inch on them. For $434.44 a set I think you should get a little more tire for your money.

The only mud tires I ever had were Goodyear MudRunners and they hardly wore at all on dirt, rocks, stumps, and a little pavement. I had them 5 years before my quad was stolen and they looked like they would last another 20 years. As long as you get mud tires that aren't made of soft rubber I don't think you should worry about wear. Just find one you like and you'll find out on your own how long it lasts in your riding.</end quote></div>

It's not the wearing out that concerns me but the traction the tires will give for each of these terrains. I want excellent traction for all terrains.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer

Hey jumboy frank do you even ride 1% of the time?

Old 08-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Trailblazer

Grim reapers look badass. I'm leaning alot toward to spartacus cause iv'e read some good stuff about it. It does well on all terrains and especially in the mud. 8 ply radial makes that one bad *** long lasting tire. Dirt tamper looks badass as well.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer

Jum boy frank will probably disagre with me but as your plys go up your snow traction goes down and remember theres more to tires than looking good

Old 08-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Range Rover

swamplites would be a good choice in any conditions!

Quick Reply: Best all terrain tires.