Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

ITP SS112 vs. STI C7 weight?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITP SS112 vs. STI C7 weight?

Once again pondering adding wheels when I upgrade tires. These two would be my choices if I did so. Seems like I heard the ITP's were around 9lbs. each in 12". I can't find any numbers on the STI C7 though. Currently have the stock Grizzly rims which are as light as can be, and I know there I won't find anything in that range. However, I'm also running 1" aluminum spacers, so I can add that to the stock wheel weight and now the gap between stock and aftermarket isn't so great anymore. I want the stance wider regardless, though the steering is funky with the spacers it seems. I would think that spacers or offset wheels should be the same, though I haven't ever noticed this when running my old ITP Deltas with my mud tires on before.

So I may get wheels as well and just Ebay the spacers away. They're practically new anyway with easily less than 100 miles since I put them on. Anyone know the weight on the C7 rims, and anything good or bad about either these or the ITP?

Old 02-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up going with the STI's for the price difference, but all I've been able to find out is that they are comparable to the ITP's somewhat (whatever the heck thats good for). Not sure if its accurate, but Dennis Kirk's website gives a weight of most of the stuff they sell. They show the SS112 rims at like 14lbs each. I had no clue they were that heavy. I was guessing around 11. But then again, they could be wrong on it as well. ITP doesn't list the weight on their site either.