Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Dealer review - Weaver Equip. in PA - buyer beware!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 10:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut

Really- I'm not trying to be argumentative (in the words of the famous Coltey) but nothing you're saying above makes sense to me; the timeline alone is all over the place. before slamming Paul at weaver (who sells mainly tools and equipment, not tires, btw) did you think to take photos of these tires with holes going through a 6-ply tread? why not go directly to Gorilla Axle, the manufacturer of those tires and speak to them directly? Maybe you had a bad lot of tires under a specific lot # that the manufacturer was aware of- which Weaver would most likely have no idea of. Any mod on here would've gracefully posted photo's of your tires that you provided to support your claim. I've had many gorilla tires, and had many tubes in my tires- tubes are pretty robust...

Sorry bro- I'd need more evidence of your claim before heeding advice from you, who's slamming a business AND personally attacking a person's integrity (Paul Sr.) in an open forum.

Before you think about "flaming-on"... please consider how it looks from an outside point of view

Sorry if my timeline was confusing to you, I see know how it could be. I owned the tires for 8 months. I started talking to Weaver about a month in, so they've had 7 months. All the rest of my post happened WITHIN those 8 months total. January 2 - August 25.

Gorilla Axle didn't manufacture the XLite version of the Silverback. I went to them early on, but they couldn't help. Yes, that was super confusing to me, too, and part of the reason I had a hard time figuring out who to contact when Weaver wasn't making any progress. STI licensed the XLite when STI was just getting started, so the XLite version is STI's problem. The tires themselves are phenomenal at finding grip, but they're not much good if they don't hold air. The one good one I have is fantastic; I really don't want to replace them with something else, but they no longer make the Xlite and I'm not ready to spend the money to put on 30's, raise the suspension, and get new wheels. I was holding out hope that another XLite my size(25X8-12) could be found.

Yes, tubes normally hold air without much problem, but there is literally so little rubber in several spots around the tire itself that grains of sand can get right in. We're not talking about sticks or branches here, but just enough sand so that it wore holes in the tube. In winter, I might have been fine, but not this time of year.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:05 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by hydrex
Read? Heck, I want pictures. Seriously, if someone screwed me, I'd jump in the old Dodge Magnum, drive the 500-1,000 miles and confront em personally, might bring some large back up, just in case. Jail food don't scare me, I was in the Army.
Really? Who you going to scare in a dodge magnum?? lol

Old 03-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Scared quite a few Mustangs and Camaros at the track, haha. It runs high 11's and has 345,000 miles. It's very good for hauling fat guys, self leveling suspension. I'd take 3 guys fatter and slower than me, and run like hell.