Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Fourtrax lift wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 10:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fourtrax lift wheels

I have a 90 2x4 fourtrax it's had 25 in tires all around the front rims was 12 in the back was 9 in i went up to a 12 on the rear to get nice tires but all tires are still 25 is this a problem with the ring and pinion I went on the ridge today and broke some teeth or something..just heard it binds the shaft unless u have a 1 in drop in the front I'm gonna have to fix the gear but what about the offset?? I havnt tore into it yet but something is broke have chips in the axle grease.. Can I lift up the rear with a block like a lift to fix this bigger spring? let air out the Front tires run more air in the rear help please lol I've dump money all in this thing

Old 05-22-2017, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb Wilson
I have a 90 2x4 fourtrax it's had 25 in tires all around the front rims was 12 in the back was 9 in i went up to a 12 on the rear to get nice tires but all tires are still 25 is this a problem with the ring and pinion I went on the ridge today and broke some teeth or something..just heard it binds the shaft unless u have a 1 in drop in the front I'm gonna have to fix the gear but what about the offset?? I havnt tore into it yet but something is broke have chips in the axle grease.. Can I lift up the rear with a block like a lift to fix this bigger spring? let air out the Front tires run more air in the rear help please lol I've dump money all in this thing
it's a 2x4 300 fourtrax