Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003 | 12:55 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default help!!!

I have My Ozark all apart to check the valves. I have the engine plug out to see where top dead center is and there is a blue line on the rotating valve shaft. Which way should it be pointing for top dead center. I was told to check the clearance on the compresion stroke. So does that mean I need to check the clearence when the pyston is at top dead center? Do I check both valves at this setting? Also when I unscrew the cap above the valve it looks like I need a 90 degree bend in the gauge to check it. Is there a special gauge for doing this?

thanks for your help

Chris

Old 02-08-2003 | 06:59 PM
Range Rover
Default help!!!

as for checking top dead center, the engine should have plug near the flywheel side, behind the pull start, it will reveal the marks that tell you top dead center, the plug on the head are for accessing the valves for adjustment, you can check top dead center by doing a compresion test with your finger, but the mark on the flywheel is more accurate. they do make bent or 90 degree feller gauges just for this type of work , an auto parts store or sears would carrie them if you need'em. hope this helps[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]