Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

AG Tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2000, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant recall who told me not to run low air pressure in the AG Tires, Boy is he correct.

I had been running 3.5 psi and today two let loose on the beads, LF and RR, talk about weird handling getting back to the world.

Thanks to who ever warned me.

The up side is, they do really great in the mud, etc. I will try 5 psi next time.

Is there a better all around tire? dont want a tall tire.

Traxter, Warn A2000, etc, etc.

Old 04-25-2000, 09:20 AM
Trailblazer

I've been thinking about getting a set of these AG tires for mudd'n. How do these compare in the mud to a set of vamps or other after market mud tire? How does it handle when trail riding? With the narrower tire does it really cut into the mud deeper?

thanks,
mark

Old 04-25-2000, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

Mark,
The AG tires do a good job in mud, I have no comparrison with other after market tires, but after pushing the bead loose on two and driving it home on two flats, they are tuff tires, no damage.
Speaking of how they do, was riding with guys on a 300 4X4 Honda and another on a 400 Foreman Honda, they both got hung up in the mud, It was easy to push them out, just go into the mud behind them in their ruts and push them on through.
As for regular trail riding, they are fine, little harder on the seat than the stock tires, that is why I reduced the pressure for a softer ride. that is when I got into trouble with the bead. I went back to the standard tires, they also do fine in the mud.
The origional reason for trying the AG tires was to reduce the mud slinging of the reg tires, they throw mud everywhere behind you and up to 20 ft in the air where the AG tires throw it out the back low to ground, that part I like.
No idea on the other choices but thinking of the Blackwater set 26X8X12 & 26X10X12 , you see I have a Traxter and the new Traxter XT uses those tires as standard.
Who knows?
Thanks