Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

straight paddle vs. angled paddle

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 12:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default straight paddle vs. angled paddle

Is there much difference between the way that a straight paddled and angle paddled sand tire rides/drives? I am going to be making a trip out to Little Sahara, OK and want to get some sand tires for my trip, but I am not sure which ones to get. I have never ridden in sand dunes and want to make the most of my trip. Which do you suggest?
Thanks.

Old 08-07-2003, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

they straight paddles hook up better so they are better if ur planning to drag. if it's ur first time i would recommend the angled. they r a lil better in the turns, however, if ur gonna be going up some big dunes, the straights will do u better. good luck.

Old 08-07-2003, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

sense its your first time id go with the angled ones, you can turn real sharp and there supost to last longer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] unless your worried about not making it up the realy big dunes or racing....

Old 08-07-2003, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

straight padles hook up a litle better, also seem to slide around better. but they want to push the front end a lil when trying to turn.

Angled padles dont push when turning as much, if I gas on it while turning the front end seems to lift, but it seems to slide around with straight padles.

Both work good, not to much of a diference. I would say go with the better price.

Old 08-07-2003, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had angle paddles my first time out to Glamis, and I HATED them. I ditched them and went to straight paddles and never looked back. With straights, you climb better and go faster. I can turn just as good with straights as with angles.

Old 08-07-2003, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

with angles u don't have to lean as much to turn. the angle keeps the tire from sliding as much so u r able to make sharper turns. i don't notice a problem with my front end pickin up in turns unless i'm sittin way back on the seat and i gas it hard.

Old 08-07-2003, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

Straight paddles are awesome. Something that you can do if you plan on duning them is to fill em pretty hard. The stiffer the tire is the easier it'll be to slide around and turn with. I wouldnt use angled paddles. If you were to try both you'd probably ditch the angled after awhile.

Old 08-07-2003, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exactly

But you dont want to put too much air in them then you lose hookup. I run 3-5 pounds in my haulers

Old 08-07-2003, 12:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

over all the straights are better but the angles have there place also, regular haulars climb and bite better, but v slide better, i like to ride a machine with v sometimes because you can slide and just play a lot better. now if racing and hill climbing are the thing, foget the v. there was a report that said the sand skate two hooks up almost as well as a straight. so if it does there is best of both worlds tire.

Old 08-07-2003, 02:49 PM
Range Rover

I have an 56hp Banshee what would be the best paddle to run. I have cheap scat tracs now and cant hook up at all.

Quick Reply: straight paddle vs. angled paddle