Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

What Has Happened To Pismo?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Has Happened To Pismo?????

I USE TO GO TO PISMO BACK IN THE LATE 80'S ..NOT EVEN THE SAME PLACE !! THE WHOLE BEACH WAS OPEN ALL OF THE DUNES NO FENCES...IT IS VERY SMALL NOW..I JUST WENT LAST MONTH WITH MY NEW 450..HAD NOT BEEN SINCH 89....IF ANY ONE USE TO RIDE THERE IN THE 80'S IM SURE THEY WILL SAY THE SAME THING........

Old 08-16-2003, 05:41 AM
Trailblazer

Damn the snowy plover... but some time to rest the dunes wouldn't be a bad idea either.. I got out on pismo a few months ago and it was pretty nice... went there three days ago and saw what i thought was certainly not comp hill, and it was! OMG the thing was a large bump not even a climb at all. The amount of traffic that poor area is seeing is a bit on the insane side, but its only going to get worse. I'll just wait till winter, hopefully less people, too bad too, nice place to ride not too far from home. Oh ya and im one of those "Central Valley" people BTW. Don't mean to ruin your beach but then again I have as much right to ride on it as you do.

Old 08-16-2003, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

Ya, its way smaller than when i first went but im a regular out there and it gets all ruff and the dunes dont have their steepness durning the summer. The winter is different. Its not packed up all weekend like it is in the summer and the dunes get more wind and rain making them steeper and funner to ride w/o all the ruts and stuff. But ya down with serria club, the ruined as much as they could of that place, pisses me off

Old 08-16-2003, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

for the people who went to pismo in the 80's: all the big dunes r closed off now. as for everybody else, go out when it's windy as h*ll. i garuntee u that comp hill will have a lip, and all the dunes in the back will be bigger, and steeper. then the day after, there will be some nice jumps and bowls. most people don't like to ride in the wind, so that is my fav. time to go. nobody is out there, and the dunes r nice. this hasn't been a windy summer so far, a good strong wind storm and the flats will flatten out, and the dunes will look like dunes again, not mounds.

Old 08-17-2003, 12:57 AM
Range Rover

rideordieyzf, what part of santa maria do you live in? i'm in hancock park, go to pismo pretty regularly. anyone else head out on a regular basis?

Old 08-17-2003, 08:03 AM
Pro Rider

I am an ex Santa Marian. I moved to Ventura about 5 years ago. I head out to Pismo once a month in the summer and 2-3 times a month in the winter, when the traffic isnt so bad coming home.

Old 08-17-2003, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

Well i was there after all wit my 727 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] the drag flats sucked.... did you guys see the R1 with the black quadzilla plastic??? that coulda been fast if he wasnt spinning so much. beech did you have ur drag bike there. oh yeah boy that blue 450 was fast [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2003, 06:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

no sir, i was off doing something else. The flats are too whooped to even bring a drag bike out. When you going back out

Old 08-18-2003, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

i should be out labor day...

Old 08-19-2003, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

i'm headin out tommorrow afternoon, and most of the day wednesday. ne body else gonna be out there? i'll be back out again sometime between sunday afternoon, and tuesday next week. ne body gonna be out there during those times.

Quick Reply: What Has Happened To Pismo?????