Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Im going to Glamis Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 01:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im going to Glamis Sunday

i would try the night run, but i dont know my way around and i would also get lost easily..

Old 08-26-2003, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Yardbird if you ever need any parts for those 350X's let me know... I've got a complete bike in pieces and they aren't doing me any good right now. I live right up the road (Swinger Springs) if you remember that joke.

Old 08-26-2003, 11:49 AM
Range Rover

Hey Pilot what kind of condition was the 350X in before it got dismantle? My buddy is puttin around on a 200X. He's hopped on mine a few times on Blow Sand hill at Ocotillio and he comes back with a big ole grin. I'm sure he would be interested in a project bike.

Old 08-26-2003, 11:53 AM
Range Rover

LOL when I say mine I mean the 350X.

Old 08-26-2003, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys I wouldn't recommend going to Glamis if you don't know your way around unless you take someone who knows it really well. My first time there was at a night ride and I got lost for 5 hours before I found my way back. I got seperated from my group and thought I would take a short-cut back to camp..big mistake on my part...this was in the middle of december so it was pretty cold out there at night..luckily I had a sweater, some water, and a full tank of gas....after wondering around for a while I decided to make my way up the biggest dune I could see...I went up there, shut off my quad and just sat there and waited for someone to pass by...an hour or 2 must have gone by when I heard what sounded like a faint explosion...I heard it again and turned around..to my extreme relief someone was shooting off fireworks...those big lights in the sky were like a god send to me..I fired up my quad and rode like I never rode before, I was a good 4 or 5 miles away from where they were shooting them off...I finally got there and I was still about a mile away from where I was camped...when I got back to camp most of my friends were out looking for me...only a couple of them stayed behind to see if I came back...all I have to say is thank God for fireworks!!!

Old 08-26-2003, 03:06 PM
Range Rover

So I guess a GPS would be good to have!

Alan

Old 08-26-2003, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Yardbird the 350 was in ok shape... send me an email (sanddiegoduner@yahoo.com) and I'll give you all the details. I was thinking about parting the thing out on ebay but I would hate to see an almost complete bike shipped out in pieces.

Old 08-26-2003, 05:25 PM
Trailblazer

yes a gps would be good. like raptorrider said though i highly recommend that you ride with someone who knows the way around there. if you have never been there and go for the first time without an experienced glamis rider, i think it's like a 90% chance that you will get lost.

Old 08-26-2003, 05:54 PM
Range Rover

Ya a GPS sounds like a good idea. Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't even know what a portable GPS would cost 200-300? I will talk to my buddy tonite and see if he would be interested in the 350X and I'll let ya know Pilot.

Old 08-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Trailblazer

Also the key to having a good GPS is knowing how to use it. I was out riding in the woods once and ran into some lost riders. They had a GPS but had no idea on how to use it to back track. Showed the way back to camp and then showed them how to read the direction manual.

-David

Quick Reply: Im going to Glamis Sunday