Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

biggest hill at winchester bay?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003 | 07:52 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default biggest hill at winchester bay?

what do you guys think is the biggest hill and winchester bay dunes in oregon? also which hill is your favorite?

Old 09-07-2003 | 10:14 PM
rc3
Pro Rider

Well my PERSONAL OPINION on Winchester Bay is" there is no hills that are to steep, my favorite is Banshee Hill, but you can only do that a couple times before you are bored with it. It has some alright dunes there, but I would prefer to ride Florence and Horsefall before there, I would almost rather ride @ Sand Lake than Winchester Bay!"

Old 09-08-2003 | 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry rc3 but I couldnt disagree more with you about where to ride. Winchester is my favorite place to RIDE. But florence is no doubt the place to go if ya wanna race. Sandlake sucks after an hours unless theres some racing going on the flats. My favorite hill at winchester is banshee hill or the one through the trees out by the lake.

Old 09-08-2003 | 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

I will agree with Wildchild660r on this one.
Rc3 sounds like Winchester Bay is kinda boring to ya.
Guess your not riding with the right People?

Old 09-08-2003 | 02:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

I must disagree, I know of a few hills out there that the Raptor will struggle to come out of. I used to ride at Florence all the time. There aren't any hills out there that are even challenging. Coos Bay is a great place to ride, If you haven't been there you must give it a try.
At Winchester my favorite is back toward the Highway overlooking the lake. Most people go down to the right, which leads to a trail through the trees. A couple of years ago you use to have to go around a tree,with no way out through the bottom, It is pretty easy now. Instead of going to the right look all the way to the left. There are some good hill climbs, and Tree shots over there. Have Fun

Old 09-08-2003 | 10:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider

well if the oregon dunes are getting boring to you maybe you should try snowmoblies, there is some real hill climbing to be done there. i like that banshee hill for a run or two and as far as hard it depends, at dunefest banshee started out easy well one evening we are all ruuning along and the next thing you know were all going up that hill and around the s it got so tore up and the sand had gotten down to wet stuff and if you hit the power the front came up and it was hair raising to say the least.

Old 09-08-2003 | 08:44 PM
rc3
Pro Rider

First of all my own opinion, it was my third time there, we rode all day and could not find anything else to do. There was not a single hill that was hard the place was dead. Coos Bay might not have the hardest stuff but you can enjoy riding there all day. Florence I have been to once and enjoyed. And Sand Lake was a Sarcastic Reply. Winchester Bay just wasn't what everyone cracked it up to be!

Old 09-08-2003 | 09:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm not here to argue the point, this just my opinion.

Banshee hill has gotten really easy. I can make it up on a blaster, Motorcycle, Banshee, and even my friends CJ5 goes up there.
Of course if you're a good rider and have a good bike, there's probably nothing out there that you can't climb. If you want to have a challenging hill, you need to make it challenging by going around trees, or off of the side of dunes where no one has gone before. I agree that if you ride straight up the hills, and follow in everyone's tracks, you can cover the dunes in a few hours with very few challenges.
Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-08-2003 | 11:16 PM
rc3
Pro Rider

Well, maybe sometime we will all have to get together and meet up there and go ride, and then we could do some of this stuff. Because beleive me the more places I can enjoy riding in Oregon, the better things will be! I will give it another shot!

Old 09-08-2003 | 11:28 PM
rc3
Pro Rider

airraptor- Spinreel has a couple if hard hill climbs, but they are not that hard. And there is a lot of really fun hills to climb, Spinreel also has a decent trail system.

Quick Reply: biggest hill at winchester bay?