Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Gordens Well to Glamis

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gordens Well to Glamis

gotta get a gps for out there.we went for the first time this past weekend.the first night there me and 1 of my friends took off and got out in the middle and he broke a tie rod end on his raptor. we marked the spot with the gps and rode 3 miles back to camp on my shee then took off my tie rod got some tools and headed back and the gps took us straight there.without it who knows if we would have found it again.that is the bets dune ridin i have ever seen.cant wait to go back.

Old 01-20-2004, 07:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

A Raptor and a DS (3.5 gallon tanks) should make it from Gordon's to Glamis and back without a problem. Try not to keep it wound out in the high R's the whole way up on Sand Hwy. I was in 5th gear most of the time at about 4500 RPM so was probably getting descent milage and used 1.25 from Gordon's to Boardmanville. You can get gas at Boardmanville then not have to worry on the return trip. Was hoping to do Glamis to Gordon's this last trip but, didn't think some in the group would like that long of a ride. I'll have to save a day for that ride again next trip. Loved opening it up on the Sand Highway for all those miles.

Old 01-20-2004, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DuneMe
A Raptor and a DS (3.5 gallon tanks) should make it from Gordon's to Glamis and back without a problem. Try not to keep it wound out in the high R's the whole way up on Sand Hwy. I was in 5th gear most of the time at about 4500 RPM so was probably getting descent milage and used 1.25 from Gordon's to Boardmanville. You can get gas at Boardmanville then not have to worry on the return trip. Was hoping to do Glamis to Gordon's this last trip but, didn't think some in the group would like that long of a ride. I'll have to save a day for that ride again next trip. Loved opening it up on the Sand Highway for all those miles.
wish I would have been out there riding with you that day!!

do you know the octane levels of fuel sold in Boardmanville and is there any worry with the quality? Can autos also refuel there? sorry if this is a dumb question but I've only been to glamis for a couple of days once.

thanks