Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Idaho St. Anthony dunes vs Oregon dunes

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idaho St. Anthony dunes vs Oregon dunes

Starky
Take 94 West turns to 90 West south on 191 near Butte Montana to West Yellowstone onto US 20 west then 20 goes south after crossing into Idaho continue south until exit for St.Anthony.
Once in St.Anthony head west through town follow signs they will direct you to the Dunes Only about 5 miles from town.
Looks like about 14 hours from Inkster to St.Anthony

Old 03-07-2004, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

St A's is the best ever I lived in Idaho most my life... Now I live in OK...St A is the biggest dune area in North America If not misstaken...If you've never been there you need to expeirence it.. I ride a Little Sahara and It good and all but its just not the same... Do there still let atvs ride at Brueno Sand Dunes?

Old 03-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

Starky,,

coming from North Dakota.. You should stop by St. Anthony's, Idaho...
Little Sahara, Utah.. go on down I 15, Stop by Sand Hallow Dunes in Southern Utah... Maybe stop by Dumont Dunes, 30 miles north of Baker Cal. Then go on south to Glamis Cal... What a trip that would be...

You wanting to go by Oregon dunes.. could be a lot of back tracking on the driving time.... Just a thought.... But you could do a big loop depending on your time... Start in Oregon or end in Oregon .... Sounds like one hell of a trip... Wish I could join ya...

Old 03-09-2004, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Spudss
St A's is the best ever I lived in Idaho most my life... Now I live in OK...St A is the biggest dune area in North America If not misstaken...If you've never been there you need to expeirence it.. I ride a Little Sahara and It good and all but its just not the same... Do there still let atvs ride at Brueno Sand Dunes?
I lived in southern Idaho most of my life. I never heard of anybody riding atv's at brueno dunes. I thought it was some kind of bird sancuary or something like that. there is atv riding near there at paradise valley.

Old 03-09-2004, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the directions guys. Once I found out where St. A's is, I realized I have been driving through there for years going home to Calif and didn't know there were dunes there.
Right now my plans are to go through Idaho then to Oregon, down to Glamis and Pismo and maybe through Utah on the way home. I'm still trying to find out how late is too late for Glamis. Can't get any hotter than Iraq or Kuwait. I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you guys on the way.

Old 03-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

MAN.......I'm jealous.....Sounds like a dream trip!