Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Need info on pismo dunes.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 04:52 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info on pismo dunes.

They have supposedly started cracking down on Red Stickers. They put out a press release back in June or so about it. I have the link at work but that will have to wait till Monday.

Karyn...ummmm...depends...are you going to give me a sand shower if it was? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'll see ya tomorrow on the beach.

I'll second the comment on duelleys. I helped a friend get his unstuck. 2WD with only a Blaster in the back and new tires. Just didn't work. Sure see a lot of F-350 SRW and 3/4-ton 4x4s out there.

And I definately recommend the group that Karyn posted. Awesome group of people and very family oriented. But need more people who stay up later than 9PM.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

If you had a once in a lifetime chance and you had to choose between Pismo or Dumont, what would you take. I've heard that if you want to ride big dunes and do some adventuring, Pismo is not the place to go. I'de like to hear from people who have been to both places.

Old 03-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Trailblazer

i go to pismo for the beach not so much the dunes

Old 03-20-2004, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Starky
If you had a once in a lifetime chance and you had to choose between Pismo or Dumont, what would you take. I've heard that if you want to ride big dunes and do some adventuring, Pismo is not the place to go. I'de like to hear from people who have been to both places.
Dumont in the winter ( to hot in the summer)

Old 03-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

When does it get too hot in Dumont and Glamis. I'm comming down in May.

Old 03-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

I think I have asked the question above in about 3 - 4 different threads but I can't remember which threads they were to go back and get the answer. I'm going to keep watching this thread until someone can tell me when it's too late to go to Glamis or Dumont. I've spent summers in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq. How hot can it be in California.

Old 03-21-2004, 11:41 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I'm not sure how hot it gets, but most people I hear talk about riding in near 90-100 degree temps, at night. You sleep during the day. I think people tend to shift to Pismo in the summer, and back to Dumont and Glamis for winter.

Pismo is tiny at only 1500 acres open compared to either place. And the dunes aren't huge. My Warrior can pretty much go anywhere at Pismo, unless I screw up on a climb.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-22-2004, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

If you want BIG dunes, go to Dumont.. but like they said, not in the middle of summer.... If you want beach and smaller dunes, then go to Pismo. Big difference between the 2..... the dunes at Dumont are huge and mostly razorback... the dunes at Pismo are small and usually rounded on the top (although there can be sharp ones, so be careful!). Dumont is a 10.5 hour ride for me, so we usually do Pismo which is only 4.5 hours... plus you've got the beach.. kinda cool to drive and play on the beach!! That's just my $.02 worth!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

I think I'll go to Dumont and skip Pismo, but I may have to go a couple weeks earlier that planned. I don't think I can wait til May. I hear the sand calling.

Old 03-22-2004, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

From May to October is probably to hot for Dumont & Glamis. Pismo starts getting real packed during those months. So if you decide to go to Pismo, Than you better get reservations.

Quick Reply: Need info on pismo dunes.