Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Need info on pismo dunes.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info on pismo dunes.

Were going to be going there for about a week in memorial day weekend or whatever time in may. I want to know what to watch out for and how it is camping there. For some reason my dad thinks he can take a ford e350 with a v10 there towinga 26ft funrunner. Especially since we have 2 other 4wd vehicles, i want to know how it pulling in there. Any information about it would be great and if anyone else is planning on going because its gonna be my family and my friend and other buddies in there 20 ft funrunner.

Old 03-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

Hi.. sent you a pm with some info... Hope it helps!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2004, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the tips karyn!

Old 03-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

Karyn,

Wonder if you could send me the same info you sent to MrZeeedler. I'll be there in May. Also, I was wondering what you have on Carnegie and Hollister. My folks live up near Sonora and I heard those tracks are pretty nice.

Old 03-15-2004, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Check your pm's...Glad to help [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2004, 03:19 AM
Pro Rider

why would you PM and not give everyone the benifits of your infromation?

Old 03-16-2004, 05:20 PM
Trailblazer

I have a buddy that just took his 26ft fun runner to pismo with a 3/4 ton chevy and could not pull it out without help from another truck. Once he got back out onto the packed sand he was fine. I have and f350 and I have pulled him and his trailer out before.

I also know about hollister and I think it is one of the best places to ride in california. They have clearly marked one way trails and a great atv track to play around on. Camping is somewhat cramped but is nice. The campground on top of the hill is best for large rigs like your talking about.

You can't go wrong at either place Each is a different animal. If you want a great place to ride dunes and trails then you need to go to dumont dunes. However if you are going to do that I would do it in the next month because it will be too hot after that.

Good luck and have a good time.

Old 03-17-2004, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

I'm definately going to hit Holister when I get back there, I'v heard a lot of good stuff about it.

Old 03-17-2004, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

yah hollister is a great place to go, they have a great atv track to. One way trails are also nice. I would leave carnegie to the dirtbikes because that place is like a zoo too many damn people there. They have an atv track there but it has to be the worst ever made. No jumps, never smoothed out and turns are jacked up. THe trails are sweet to ride all the way back in, just make sure u have a tow strap in case u go down the wrong one. anyone else know anything about pismo?

Old 03-18-2004, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

What do you want to know? We started going there when I was a little boy. I still spend a lot of time there. 2 sometimes 3 weekends a month

Quick Reply: Need info on pismo dunes.