Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

silver lake

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004 | 08:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default silver lake

Originally posted by: MacV700
BW, Roost, witti - Do you guys ever get hassled for you esxhaust due to the sound regs? A friend has a Sparks piped Z and is worried that he will get denied at the gate due to the DB's. Any insight on this? Thanks.
I've got a raptor with the ct. I think dirtwheels rated it at like 102db. I ran all 16 discs and never got checked. My friend with a warrior and FMF powercore4 pipe was tested. He was at 95 I think and they let him in.

Old 04-12-2004 | 11:57 AM
Trailblazer
Default silver lake

Yeah i wasn't there. Was busy all week long redoing the motocross trak at are club grounds.

That was my stepdad that got the stiches 30 right side 20 on the left.

Old 04-12-2004 | 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

we just got back [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] rode sat/sun/mon and had a blast. DS had a few minor issues... (entire coolant res disappeared the first day....dont know if it just got seriously hot or what.... filled it back up and didnt seem to have much of a problem...) then also had a few minor jetting issues....but i just had to play with the fuel screw throught the day as the temp changed.

did a TON of dragging [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] (will post pics prolly alter tonight) i definately like the stuff i have added.... i could keep dead even with most stuff out there.... (a 650 cc crotch rocket engine'd suzuki stretched with haulers (put out like 60 some ponies) i could hole shot him, but he got me in the end....most stock yfz's i could totally destroy...but if they were piped gave me a run for the money....the new 450r's were def quick...stock ones (with haulers only) was always close...was totally dependant on who had the holeshot.

Was nice to actually smoke a few shee's this time around [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

i didnt have a single sound problem...and the WB pipe on 12 discs is no where near quiet.... (and im SURE im 5-10 db over the 96 limit) but all the rangers were nice as usual and just waived me through...as a matter of fact late sunday the ranger was hardly at the checking station...and on monday there was just a note on the thing that said we could just ride through [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

i really wouldnt be worried about sound until laborday--mem day when it gets busy and when the vouchers start again.

Im considering getting haulers and putting my sand stars on some .160s for my friends warrior.....the stars were hard to spin out...so im sure the haulers are even harder...but i bet i could have gotten at least another bike length on most of the guys dragging out there if i had haulers on... (8 out of 10 guys dragging had haulers on )

i was some what dissapointed the first few hours on the first day there....the hills were so flat on the top...no razorbacks at all...but some nice drop offs and g-outs (my back and tailbone are still mad at me for the few of the ones i wasnt prepared for [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] )

overall a great time though! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2004 | 01:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default silver lake

My Brother knew the guy that was killed opening weekend at silver lake, here is a link to the news paper article... he said that the guy was not a reckless driver, and that they were both dragging down the middle of the strip. his neighbor, (guy killed), never even saw it comming from the story I have heard.

link

Old 04-13-2004 | 01:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

so they were both heading the SAME direction? (dragging each other?)

it said it was head on...so did he lose control some how for the bike to swap ends?

i dragged a few full size pick ups, but i always stayed WELL away from them....usually 50 feet.... its a LOT harder to slow down an f250 than it is my DS....

it is truly sad though. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Old 04-13-2004 | 02:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default silver lake

no they were not dragging each other, it was head on. My brother said he probably had his head down looking at his wheel, looked up and tried to swerve... just too late... sad...