Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

silver lake

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004 | 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

Originally posted by: R00ST
ya it was pretty depressing hearing about a death the first weekend.....
was it an accident, or was the guy just being an ***? Its not like its Hard to tell when people are dragging... especially when you have a full size vehicle involved.... did he try to cut across or what?

we leave friday to go up for 3 days....of course as usual im having last minute problems [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] damn battery and jetting!
Where I saw everything was towards the begining ~ to the middle of the dragstrip, if someone is not paying attention, I have seen a lot of people cut across the drag strip,,my 1st trip there a few years ago I did ONCE YIKES !

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Roost keep workin on her man, I didn't get mine together until after 2 AM, then left for the dunes at 6 am.

Old 04-06-2004 | 11:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default silver lake

Originally posted by: WISTECH
fees , decible checks,crowds,lines,designated areas,deaths, I guess Ill drive the extra miles to st anthonies and little sahara.
Maybe you didnt notice, but these happen there too. Not always the lines though.

Old 04-07-2004 | 12:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

Nope we didnt pay any fees ,never waited in lines ,never got sound checked and out of state registrations are fine. Injuries and deaths can happen anywhere anytime though no matter where you ride. Even if silver lake is closer I doubt we will ever go there again. Its just to much of a hassle and its to small.

Old 04-07-2004 | 04:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

witti, did you have a hard time getting a good holeshot, or was it just me ? I did flip it on end once....I don't always put my "Sand Trim" on unless I am going to be up there for more than 1 day
Hooked up good, had a little trouble keeping the front end down.

Sand Trim?

Old 04-07-2004 | 08:06 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

Big waynster, nice meeting you. Very nice looking quad. I dint get to see you run, but my body did
said you were moving.Well maybe next time.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2004 | 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

anyone going to be there sat/sun/mon?

i FINALLY got my ds running i think as best as it will run.... i just put the 14 tooth on, and DAMN its low! (if 2 inches in tire size is 10% difference, and one tooth on the CT is 7% difference (what im told) than i am currently down 24%!!!! lol but hopefully once i put the sand stars on, ill be good.

If i hook up TOO well i may put my heavy realtors on so i dont point toward the sky the whole time

Old 04-09-2004 | 04:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

[i]

Sand Trim?
My sand trim is cut fender in the back, no fenders on front, take off heel guards.. cuts a little weight off.. I don't like to jump without my heel guards though.

Old 04-09-2004 | 05:26 PM
Range Rover
Default silver lake

BW, Roost, witti - Do you guys ever get hassled for you esxhaust due to the sound regs? A friend has a Sparks piped Z and is worried that he will get denied at the gate due to the DB's. Any insight on this? Thanks.

Old 04-09-2004 | 06:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

They checked me 1 time, It the CT pipe only put out 93 or 94 db. My friend has a raptor with a yoshi pipe, very loud. He has not got checked yet. The check is random, they usually dont check untill mem. weekend through laborday weekend.

Old 04-09-2004 | 07:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

I have the Disc system, and have never been stopped, I even added a few discs last time,, I would bet it is over the limit..

Quick Reply: silver lake