Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

PISMO DUNES ENDURANCE BEACH RACE (Oct 23rd & 24th). Don't miss it!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004 | 06:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default PISMO DUNES ENDURANCE BEACH RACE (Oct 23rd & 24th). Don't miss it!!!!!

good luck to you too. do u know how many entries there are so far? i was thinkin the other day about how awesome it would be to have 500 quads do a dead engine start at the same time, with a long run down the beach. i could just imagine this huge mass of quads, it would be deafeningly loud. ahh man, how kool it would be.

Old 10-15-2004 | 12:12 AM
Trailblazer

Are the quads racing on Sat. or Sun?

Old 10-15-2004 | 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

quads race sat.

Old 10-19-2004 | 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

It looks like it will be raining all weekend. How do you think it will effect the race? Better traction or does it even matter?

Old 10-19-2004 | 10:26 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 2004YFZ450
It looks like it will be raining all weekend. How do you think it will effect the race? Better traction or does it even matter?
I will help the bikes out more than the quads. Wet sand is hard so be ready to take a beating. If I were racing I would soften up my suspension allot. Good luck to everyone attending.

Old 10-20-2004 | 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

the wet sand will definately help traction. i run no pressure in my razr tires for the sand, i may need to add a pound or so if it's gonna be wet, more likely to rip a bead. i'm actually lookin forward to racin in the rain, i might need to get some tear offs tho. since i almost always ride at pismo, i don't get to get muddy and dirty, so i think it will make it more fun. at least we wont have to worry about gettin too hot!

Old 10-24-2004 | 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

so who all was a the race? i raced the second race in the 4-stroke C class, i was the first off the line, for about 10 feet. i was only a few quads behind the leader, and had him in sight throughout the first lap, but then the guy in front of me lost it through an up hill turn, and i stall the bike. by the time i got going again i had dropped back 3 or 4 places. goin around on the second lap i was tryin to catch up, and i tried clearing that step up (it's a lil bit after the start, it rolled up, then down, then back up) and didn't make it. i hit my face on the bars, lost a tooth, knocked 3 of them backwards, and spent the rest of the night in the hospital. i bit clear through my lip as well. i'm gonna be ok, i have 40-50 stitches in my lip, and wire and a metal plate holding my bottom teeth in place, and lots of pain killers. suprisingly it didn't hurt very bad when i did it. i had a blast that first lap, and was suprised at how fast i was, u can count on the face that i'll be back out there next year. racing was sooooo much fun, and once i'm fixed up, i'll be out riding again gettin ready for the next one. i hope everybody had a good time (or better time than i did). my buddy placed 5th in 4 stroke C, it was his first race as well. i think i coulda placed in the top 3 if i hadn't fallen, o well. how did u guys do?

Old 10-24-2004 | 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

MY GOD!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2004 | 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

lol, ya basically. my face is all swollen up right now, i don't even look like myself. there's basically no pain, and i'm not takin ne meds, i hate medicine. i do take these pills tho, so i wont get an infection, but no pain pills cuz it don't hurt. my bike wasn't damaged, cept for i need a new crossbar pad, and i'm gettin a new helmet. the best part? no school for 3 days!

Old 10-24-2004 | 07:42 PM
|
Pro Rider

I finished 1st in the A classs team race with my two buddy's PBracing & JRrider. We finished third overall behind two team's in the pro class. The course was brutal, Not to mention 9.2 miles long. We were the last race of the day, So it was whooped out pretty bad. We made it for 10 laps. So we took the quad 92 miles in three hours. And yes I'm sore. But it was fun. Sorry to hear about your wreck Crobiker I hope everything go's well.

Quick Reply: PISMO DUNES ENDURANCE BEACH RACE (Oct 23rd & 24th). Don't miss it!!!!!