Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

BIG HORSEPOWER RAPTORS

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG HORSEPOWER RAPTORS

how many horses is consider fast for a raptor. i have around 50rwh. wanta race?

Old 04-29-2004, 01:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider

isn't sparks getting 80

Old 04-29-2004, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

65 to high 70 s is a fast raptor , i think...other than that i just senn fast bikes on the hill, would like to know what those push..

Im hoping in the 70's for my bike and is just a guess, id rather test on the sand.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2004, 02:50 AM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: madracing
how many horses is consider fast for a raptor. i have around 50rwh. wanta race?
theirs guys making that kind of power at the hill all day long in bikes that weigh a lot less than yours. all in fun i suppose.

Old 04-29-2004, 03:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Madracing- Can you bring them raptors to Dumont this weekend???. It should be very smooth and the right hand side of the hill is long enough to see all that HP shine. My DS is ready for some serious drags. Besides, Franks bike should show good torque on a decent hill also. Are you the one fixing the stroker?

I want to race you. Win or lose I need some good competition.

Old 04-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

there you are, annihilater. i cant make it this weekend my girl has races and it will be a busy day at the store and i need to be there.i just finished Frank's last night and want to take it out this weekend,but its a long haul to dumont for a day.when i make that way or if you make it this way let me know. i heard yours is very fast.my wife wants to go to vegas in a couple of weeks and will try and save frank a trip i'm sure we can all meet in dumont. frank wants to see his bike run. get my # from frank we can set something up

for those of you that know me i was just kidding. I'm in the 70's.the sparks raptor is in the 70's also. the owner of the black 727 is a close friend of mine.

Old 04-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider

didn't want to hurt your feeling on the 50 anyways.

Old 04-29-2004, 01:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I knew the #s were more than 50 hp. When franks bike was running alky or gas it showed decent #s on this very concervative dyno down here. But In the real world his bike would not run right, though I did not look @ his power curve closely. I figured it was the cam timing or something major was off, but im no mech so I really dont know. He said you may have fixed it. I will wait till you guys come down here, I wish I could make it to Pismo, but there is really not that much room to open up the bike without skidding to a stop into the fence + the 450 miles one way from here. We will have a feild day at Dumont. Even if it is in a few weeks we can still do some night drags and early morning and evening drags. Heck maybe another cold front will come in.

BTW- my bike is not THAT fast, I just happen to race people that are a little slower.lol

Old 04-29-2004, 02:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would hope a 727 big bore was pushing a lot more than that. I am around fifty with a std bore piston and cam.

Old 04-29-2004, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
I would hope a 727 big bore was pushing a lot more than that. I am around fifty with a std bore piston and cam.
Damn what more could you expect on gas from a 727? I dont think you know how fast a 70hp bike is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: BIG HORSEPOWER RAPTORS