Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Horse falls!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horse falls!

go to oregon dunes on the net and look for the us forest service sight, they will have the map with the regs and boundries or stop by the ranger station in reedsport it is at the intersection where the two hwys meet. Spinreel is the campground at the north end of the riding areas it isn't as nice as horsfall. On your way to spinreel look for the ropeswing, it is a blast.

Old 08-27-2004, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default Horse falls!

Here is a map of the whole thing, from Spinreel to Horsfall. There is a lot of territory to cover, but maybe this will help you get the lay of the land.

Enjoy

Dunes

Old 08-27-2004, 04:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default Horse falls!

boxcar sucks now. But you will have plenty of fun anyways. Lots of better places to race at.

Old 08-27-2004, 05:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Horse falls!

i've never seen a snake one in the dunes, guess i better start if they have raddles.

Old 08-27-2004, 10:52 AM
Trailblazer
Default Horse falls!

anyone tell me a good place to sand camp? Also if there is a place in medford oregon I can get sand permits. We will be rolling in late saturday night. So will need to find a place that sells these stickers.

Old 08-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Horse falls!

You can buy sand camp permits at self serve payment station on the entrance to Horsfal campground.
The best sand camping area at Horsfal is just past the campground entrance on the right side of the road. You will easily see the sand road heading out into the sand through the trees. Air down your tires and go for it. You will see other campers in the area. Just pick a good spot among the trees and set up camp. Have fun!

Old 08-27-2004, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Horse falls!

Boxcar sucks? What are you talking about? If you mean as a challenge then there are way better places to go but as far as the spot where everyone drags and checks out the scene. Plus you must not have been there when the gals ride up topless, which usally depends on the weather. plus that part of the dunes is privately owned so the rangers can't mess with you there for racing.

Old 08-27-2004, 11:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Horse falls!

not the best race place but preety cool on a busy day.

Old 08-28-2004, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default Horse falls!

schwendi and i tried to race up there last week. It was so beat up i couldnt get out of second gear. Im just saying there are much better places to drag race.

Old 08-28-2004, 03:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default Horse falls!

The sand camping areas just to the right of Horsfall beach campground are still the best, but they have been infringed on a tad with the development of the new Bull Run staging area. It gets a lot more traffic now out that way than it did prior to opening that new staging area up. There is some good sand camping up by Spinreel too, just kind of iffy getting out there if you haven't done it before. Like was mentioned before, let the air out of your tires before you head out.

Hope you share a riding report when you get back. After riding Sand Lake, Winchester Bay, Florence, and Horsefall/Spinreel area, I'd have to say Horsefall/Spinreel/Bullrun is my all time favorite. It's all good, though.

Have fun!

Quick Reply: Horse falls!