Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Gordon's Well - Ogilby - what a great time!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gordon's Well - Ogilby - what a great time!!

We were out at Ogilby for Halloween weekend - it was awesome!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The dunes were clean and smooth and damp.....talk about hook-up!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We were at the drags at Gordon's Friday evening, so I got to race alot before I stopped to watch everyone else - if anyone saw a blond on a black/red YFZ - that was me!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The drags on Saturday evening were even bigger!!! The guy in the thong was a riot, and so was the Sumo wrestler on the bike!! LOL!!! Our group had no accidents and no problems - it was a perfect 3 days of duning.......!! Can't wait to go again at Thanksgiving!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds cool! Glad you had a great time and especially glad no one got hurt.

Old 11-02-2004, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

I stayed up on the end of Gecko road with some riders from YFZNATON. We road down to Pardise and had lunch, then took in all the bowls on each side of patton valley from the sand highway over to Ogilby and back. Unfortunately we did not see your group of riders onr your YFZ.

Will be out at Ogilby next weekend with the group of YFZ riders. Are you going to make it out there?

Old 11-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

NO.....unfortanately......due to gas prices being what they are, and my gas hog of a truck/quads.....I can't afford to go twice in one month......I will be out there for Thanksgiving however......you guys have fun - I'm sure you will have a great group out there this weekend!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2004, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

If I had my truck and my 3 place qaud trailer down in Phoenix instead of my sports car and single place trailer I would tote you and your BF out to Ogilby free of charge. Unfortunately I had to keep my truck up here in MN where a 4X4 is required to get around during the winter. I'll be flying in on Thursday to head down and meet the group this weekend at Ogilby. Maybe I'll come out again during the Thanksgiving weekend, depending on how much more vacation time I can use this month.

I want to run my stock motored YFZ against yours for a comparisons,, hill shoots and a few drags for fun or a beer.

Old 11-02-2004, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Does anyone else run with the atv connection flag? I was looking for flags but mine was the only one I say. Allot of people at paton but not allot of racing. I sat around allot waiting for someone that would line up with me. I was at the drags saturday. Jumping the start burm in the drags was fun.

Old 11-03-2004, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

MNrap- you are crazy for coming all the way out here.....well....not really - I would too!!: ) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I was at Patton racing alot - I was practicing the whoops.....I was hitting them as fast as I could and getting into 4th before I was out of them....that last one kept kicking me pretty good....once I made it past that one, it was smooth racing! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I am going to gear down for the next trip - the 15 tooth sprocket I use for MX makes for bad gearing up the hill - I can't rev it out high enough in 4th gear, and it's too high for 3rd......so....taking the 14 tooth next time.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

440grl sounds like you were doing good if you where climbing the hill in 4th. To bad we didn't race my kids would of liked to see me loose to you and I would still be hearing about it.

Old 11-03-2004, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

Hey another thought 440 girl..

If you have a trailer that will handle another quad, I'll make a contribution for fuel on your truck if you want to swing by the airport and pick me and my YFZ up?? I'm going to be flying in Thursday afternoon, tomorrow, and have my quad/car about 5 miles from the Phoenix airport in a storage garage.. If not this weekend, maybe some other time this winter..

I'm running a 14 tooth but am also running the 21" 6 paddle haulers which has effectively geared my YFZ up from the 20" haulers I ran last year down in Glamis. Don't think I was hitting 4th last year anywhere (hill shooting) in the Imperial sand dunes area except maybe up near top of the OLDs climbing with the 20" haulers.

Old 11-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

LOL Dfitz!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Naw.....it probably would have been some close racing!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

MNRap - I can't go to the dunes this weekend, and next weekend I have a race, and same with the following weekend........help with gas would be nice though!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You should have some great dunes this coming weekend - and there should be alot of people out there for an off-weekend!!! Take lots of pics!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I was running 20" 7 paddle Skat Trak Edges......with a 15 tooth front sprocket.......I could be right in the middle of Patton in 3rd and shift up into 4th and still pull - the YFZ is AMAZING!!!! I just want it to where I'm running in high 4th gear, since that's where my good power is......

Quick Reply: Gordon's Well - Ogilby - what a great time!!