Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

New Sand Skate 2 design!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Sand Skate 2 design!

Though some of you may like this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The new SS2's will be shipping in the 1st part of February. I got a chance to try them out and they rock compared to the older version! They are half the weight (7 pounds each on a rim) and cost under $200 a set (on rims).

Better and cheaper!!
He also has a new box that can be picked up with one hand.
They are working with OMF for light weight bead locks which add only 1 pound per tire. I am unsure of the price of those.
With them being lighter it makes a world of difference. I bought a set years back and sold them because I felt they robbed HP on the hills.
These new ones are night and day difference from the older ones.
I've been a long time 'hater' of molded tires simply due to the weight issue. I have run the expensive comp-cut tires in the last few years and am now considering switching over to these. I do need more time on them to form a full opinion but the initial test was amazing. I found that 6 PSI worked the best. At 5 PSI they had almost to much bite while launching out of the hole (in a race situation).
These new SS2's look the same and are still the same quality. You can't tell by looking at them they are different. They are also working on molding in their logo into the main hull of the tire (tread area) in either red or blue. It will be a 'wavy' design (and not a perfectly shapped logo) since it will be molded in during the manufacturing process. Not sure when this will be available.
While the china made paddles may be cheaper these are lighter and you can't go wrong with the quality of STU's tires. American made
Anyway here's a few pic's:
Here is the new box design:

The new handle can be seen here. ----The box will be slightly different by covering the cardboard edge in the center:

<a class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.sandbros.net/gallery/stu/ss2//side_box.jpg" target=blank>This is on the side of the box on a set with the OMF bead locks:
</A>
The OMF set-up. Will be offered in different colors:

The view after you drop the hammer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

<a class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.sandbros.net/gallery/stu/ss2/rhook.jpg" target=blank>Working the clutch:
</A>

Old 01-23-2005, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

Do they make them any larger than 20" tall yet? A 22" Sand Skate and I'm in there...

Old 01-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think so.

Old 04-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Trailblazer

I have the same brand never got to try either models. When I got my paddles my banshee messed up 2 days before. Kinda hurt the budget and now im looking for some cylinders. Anyone have some?