Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Which one is a better climber at the dunes, LT80 or Breeze125? and Why?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 07:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one is a better climber at the dunes, LT80 or Breeze125? and Why?

Which one is a better climber at the dunes, LT80 or Breeze125? and Why?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Niether...they both shouldn't ever be taken in the sand. Everytime I see someone attempt it they only get stuck even with the slightest incline. If you want to go in the dunes the smallest bike you should use is the 200-250 class 2 or 4 strokes.

Old 02-15-2005, 06:53 PM
Trailblazer

LT 80's were not ment for the sand? My 5 year old has one and he follows me wherever i go in the dunes.

Old 02-16-2005, 12:17 AM
Range Rover

The Breeze is a reliable little quad (they are used for rentals), but basically gutless....no good in the dunes. You could put modest paddles on it and run it in the low rollers. That's about it.
The LT80, on the otherhand, is a great little sand machine when properly equipped....little skat trac sand paddles, all three rev limiters OFF, and hopefully piped....and lightweight riders (kids). I have led LT80s to the top of the very tallest dunes at Glamis. Of course, they will not climb all the dunes, but they will climb a lot of them and you can always find an easier way up to the top of the rest of them. An aggressive (kid) rider on a well equipped LT80 will amaze you in the sand.
The LT80 is a 2-stroke, of course, so it has some aceleration off the bottom that little 4-strokes don't have. It is the fastest of the little quads. It does lack suspension, though. That's not quite so important in the sand as in the dirt. If you want better suspension and still have some guts, try the 2-stroke Predator 90.

When the kids are learning they will get stuck a few times until they learn. And you must have paddles on them for the sand.
Don't forget the dealers can't sell you one of these 80-90 cc quads for a 6-11 year old....the kid has to be 12 or older, or else don't tell them who is going to ride it.

Old 02-16-2005, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

I've seen some kids rip on LT 80s.... except they were LT 110s or something like that.... I think the LT80 would be better if you had enough running room

Old 02-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: blindside350
I've seen some kids rip on LT 80s.... except they were LT 110s or something like that.... I think the LT80 would be better if you had enough running room
Breeze is gutless but it will out perform the little LT80 everytime. I have had both and let me tell you, I put paddles and took out the baffle on my sons and he follows me everywhere in the dunes except 45 degree inclines which you definitely need at last a blaster or bigger. My boy rides all the bowls and he rides them at the top everytime. Them things are a great machine that is way they are taking a licking and keep on ticking at the rental places. I even ride it to the hills myself when I ever get a chance to. My breeze has probable 5 times the milage than all my other quads put together and still runs great!! Alot faster than the lt80 too. You can adjust the throttle anytime you need to.

Good machine by Yamaha if you ask me. Not to good in suspension but I did add a CR80 rear shock on mine that made a world of difference on me and my kids back that is for sure.

Old 02-16-2005, 06:11 PM
Range Rover

RaptorOwner,
What you say about the Breeze is very interesting to me....I don't doubt your experience. I have just never seen it do that well. The only Breeze we have ridden with are stock rentals, so that may be a big difference.

Our group has always gotten the best performance for kids out of the LT80s. The Breeze don't keep up. JMExperience.

You have to have the restricter out of the carb, limiter off the throttle, restrictor out of the muffler, and best to pipe them. Also, lightweight skat trac straight paddle tires....you need the wheelspin. The stock suspension sucks. The kids in our group are 6-10 years old, so they are lightweight.

We just have never seen any Breeze climbing the dunes at Glamis or Oregon that our kids climb on their LT80s...so I am surprised that your Breeze does that well. Anyway, that's good to hear. Taking the baffle out probably allows good air flow. Maybe the rider is making a big difference??

Old 02-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

yes my boy was 6 when I first got it for him and now he is 9, weighs about 65 lbs and does pretty good. I dont believe it will take you up some steep hills but it does good for what I purchased it for. I had a lt80 but it just didnt seem like it had the speed as the breeze does. I put some sand sharks on the breeze and I think I run about 2 lbs of air in them. Its pretty good for someone to ride to the store or the bathroom if you dont bring your trailer. LOL!!!

Old 02-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

lt 80 4 sure my sister has one and my cousin has a built lt 80 and it does pretty good

Old 02-20-2005, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

ive heard about really built lt80s hitting about 50-55mph.

Quick Reply: Which one is a better climber at the dunes, LT80 or Breeze125? and Why?