Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

BLM rangers pelted with eggs at Sand Mt.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BLM rangers pelted with eggs at Sand Mt.

Thats strange becuae I go 5-6 times a year and have never had a problem with any of them. They have stopped by our camp on occaison to check for our tags and say Hi but thats it. I think their bathrooms are alot betther then most other dunes. Glamis=NONE and Pismo were the porta-pottys overflow form crap aand rarely get changed. Thanks god for my trailer. Its always clean and warm in my bathroom and always stocked with the latest atv mags....

Old 03-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i would take pismo's 20+ portapotties and their 2 structured bathrooms over fallons 2? bathrooms anyday.

I was there last year for memorial day on my xulw stretched and strutted banshee and they gave me a ticket because i didnt have a flag. I asked the guy if he really pictured me going anywhere other then up and down the single hill and he said i was being unreasonable and cut me a ticket.

Old 03-30-2005, 05:46 PM
Trailblazer

lol...Well you didnt have a flag on your atv. Of course you will get a ticket......It doesnt matter what kind of bike you are on.

Old 03-30-2005, 05:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

maybe you should be working for the blm instead of riding quads then. It would have been nice to get a warning first. I dont drive 10 hours to get harassed as soon as i step out of my truck.

Old 03-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Trailblazer

No offense but you act surprised that you got a ticket when you know its the law to have a flag on each bike. If you didnt know the flag law thats one thing but too just say "ahhh screw it, I dont need a flag" then you deserve to get the ticket.

Why should they have to give you a warning when you already know that you are supposed to have a flag on. Just put on a flag, everyone else does....

If I "choose" to break the law then I surely wouldnt bitch when I get a ticket......

Old 03-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

like i said, you'd be better suited on the sierra club.

i knew i didnt have a flag and i also knew i would be 300 feet from camp and no where near anyplace that would warrant the need for a flag. I guess you'd figure the rangers to realize this and maybe just be cool telling me to get a flag, hell i had a couple at camp, but they wouldnt let me go to my camp to get one.

I saw much more pertinant things going on like doubles riding and helmet-less riders

Old 03-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Trailblazer

FYI

Riding double is NOT illegal and there is no helmet law in the state on Neveda. Thats maybe why those guys didnt get pulled over.

And to the contrary I am a member of the ASA and a FOSM member and participant. I donate my time and money to help keep the dunes open. I have given $$$ and I have been to clean-ups at the Mountain to do my part. Do you???

I am for whatever it takes to keep these dunes open so we all have a place to enjoy. If that means putting a flag on your bike or getting a ticket then so be it.

Old 03-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

if you are arguing just because you are bored you can go **** on a god damn tree.

I dont care whether it is legal or not people without helmets and people riding double is MUCH more important then my suspension-less drag bike running up and down a hill 300 feet from camp on virtually flat ground.

And ill promise you one thing, the people riding double and helmet-less are the ones that are going to get the dunes closed down. Funny how when you buy a quad it says right on the plastics to always wear a helmet and NEVER have a passenger. Preach that to your clubs.

Old 03-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Trailblazer

Who's arguing?

I was just trying to let you know what the laws of Neveda are regarding riding double and helmets...You are the one pointing the finger at them. They are not breaking any laws.

You are the one all bent out of shape becuase you got a ticket therefore all of the rangers are A-Holes......

Its laughable that you find it so tough to put a flag on your bike? Why do you think your bike is special and does not require to have a flag like everyone elses? You said the flags were right there in camp? You brought them for a reason, right?

Old 03-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

you arent even worth the time. Anytime somebody goes back and forth with an opinion that is ARGUING, i am and you are. I wasnt bent, i just said those guys were being a-holes, in which they were.

Funny how you dont have a problem with people without helmets and the guys riding double (the people that the sierra club are targeting)...yet you find time in your busy day to lecture me on a flag violation. You have your priorities in the wrong place my friend.

Quick Reply: BLM rangers pelted with eggs at Sand Mt.