Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

I've been robbed!!!! HELP! El Centro theft!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've been robbed!!!! HELP! El Centro theft!

Ok all....

I'm sooo flustered....

On the way home from Glamis Easter weekend I suffered 3 tire blow outs... one on the way, two on the way home.... I ended up hobbling my Weekend Warrior FS3000 to a nice Mexican ladies house, her husband a truck driver... also very nice. They allowed to me to pull my trailer into their yard and store it (for free, however I gave them $$)... they don't know me... and I don't know them. However, I couldn't hobble too much further and had to put it somewhere.

I had drove home (Sunday, without the trailer) and then went out of town (where I am now)... and have been working on getting a tire replacement so I could go back out and get the trailer. Being it had 3 of 6 tires blow... I took them off and left the trailer on blocks... locked it up solid, and thought it to be okay in her fenced and locked yard.

Today, I got a call from my dad who had her number and vice a versa. Her house, and my trailer have been ransacked. I have no more scoop... only do I know what was in my trailer. I don't know what's missing out of it as of yet... But I do know... it was FULLY LOADED! I hadn't taken but the food, and my clothes out from the desert trip. Basically... I have no idea what's missing. But I had a Bombardier DS650 (Quad), a CRF450 (bike), and a lifted gold EzGo (golf cart)... amongst other misc things like compressor, generator... CB radio, VHF radio, TVs, DvD players.....etc.etc. I'm so flustered I've got a stomach ache. What's worse... I have no idea whats missing. Apparently the cops are not letting her into her yard... as they're dusting for prints and looking at tire tracks...etc. Her big pit bull is even missing... he's usually loose in the yard (behind the locked gate/fencing) when they're gone....

This happened on Evan Hughes Highway... just East of Dunaway Road. This is between Ocotillo and El Centro.

ANYONE hear anything or see anything... LET ME KNOW ASAP!!!! Also... On my personal site are pictures of the stuff that was in the trailer... if it's missing, I'll be sure to post pics so all can keep a look out. (I'm crossing my fingers that these crooks were amatuers and weren't able to haul away all the great stuff they had access to).

I'm so pissed... and flustered... I can't see straight. Not only that... I can't make it out there to see what happened... I don't arrive home from Oakland until Tuesday. Hmmm, maybe I'll fly home Sat. night and use Sunday to work on what's going on?! CRAAAAAAAP!

Old 04-01-2005, 12:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

MAN THAT SUCKS!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

I cannot believe the the scum in this world, I would go on a search of the areas around there. Ill keep my eyes open down here, sorry to hear this.

Old 04-01-2005, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

For more info... or where I'm tracking this....

Read here; http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/...howtopic=42144

It seems the town is a small one... and there might be some leads.
The cops have a suspect as well... a local thief / crack user.

Old 04-01-2005, 06:00 AM
Pro Rider

Good luck i hope you get your stuff back.

Old 04-01-2005, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks man... me too!!

Old 04-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Can the police look into the phone calls that were made from the house your stuff was Stored at? .. Something sounds fishy... Just a thought. I hate to put the blame on someone innocent, But you never know. I wonder if the people have kids that told a friend etc. Any new updates?

Old 04-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

man that sucks bad. good luck, hope you get your stuff back

Old 04-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

man, that truly sucks

hope you had great insurance

i bet those people took you for a ride as soon as you left their house

Old 04-02-2005, 04:11 AM
Pro Rider

Man I hope you got insurance. I think this could happen to all of us[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2005, 10:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about your situation. Insurance is a must. I gotta ask, why did you blow 3 tires??

Quick Reply: I've been robbed!!!! HELP! El Centro theft!