Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Who has the baddest quad?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005 | 05:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Who has the baddest quad?

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Im sure your bike is a runner....but there is always somebody faster....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Like a flood of banshees...

Old 06-06-2005 | 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: WiCkEd500
hey guys i think u are right... beechman has some sick rides but how about my bike..... its nothing pretty YET but its in progress!!! i have a TRX500R no.... its not a shaker, no.... it doesnt break mounts, yes..... its pretty quick...., no.... i havn't been beaten yet!!!!!

CR500 motor
ported and polished
pro-x piston
hinson clutch basket and clutch kit
magura hydrolic clutch
crank balanced down to 1/10th of a gram!!!!!!
stock 36mm or 38mm carb(not sure)
STILL RUNNING ON PUMP GAS!!!!!
custom exhaust (fmf sst customized by myself)

250r chassis
+4 lonestar axle
+2 anti-vibe steering stem
adjustable steering damper
Works tripple-rates with remote rezzies up front (soon to be axis)
stock rear shock revalved by holz
'89 plastics

really fun ride....... maybe never as nice looking as anything beechman has but it will definatly keep up with him!!!!

looks like a real nice dune bike!! but you would be very suprised in a drag race.

Old 06-06-2005 | 01:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Please dont take this as me being a cocky sh*t, but like 344 said...you'd be very suprised in a drag race. You have a nice start, but a gas cr500 with a 38mm carb wont get it done against the machines i run. You put that 500 on methanol, bore/stroke it to a 600 and put it in a light chassis and we might have a race. And for heavens sake, put a damn carb on that motor. Also, the drag bikes i run currently arent pictured in my gallery.

If i were to guess, your cr500 may be on par with my 370 on the top end. Because of the weight difference in your bike and my bike id venture to say id pull you by a few out of the hole and run even on the top. My gas 370 honda has ran a 4.5 in the 100 yards. My drag honda is a good 4 bikes faster in the 100 yard and another 10 bikes on the flats in pismo.

Remember, its not how much horsepower your motor is making, its how much you can put to the ground and how light you can make your bike. What does your bike weigh? Mine weighs 245 full of fuel and ready to run (that is my fully dunable double a-arm chassis). My drag honda is under 200.

Old 06-06-2005 | 02:32 AM
Trailblazer

well im looking at it this way.... i sold my old 250 motor for about $600 i bought this cr500 motor for $700. i need to get the crank assembly balanced so for about $250 and some time and effort i will have a pretty sweet and fast quad. sure you are right if i want to go faster put on a carb, run race gas, stroke it. im looking for a reliable bike with gobs and gobs of power and that will whoop the crap out of everything except bikes like your HIGHLY modified R!!!! this conversion has been my dream forever and do be able to do it for this cheap is unheard of. just out of curiosity beechman.... how much do you have into JUST your motor...$$$ wise????

Old 06-06-2005 | 03:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

if i told you it would **** you off. So i wont answer your question on cost.

Race gas only helps when you raise compression and advance your timing.

Old 06-06-2005 | 05:06 PM
HA2
Pro Rider

dont worry wicked, ill beat him for you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

BTW, id invest in a larger carb anyways. i run a 38 on my 250 and its runs sweet throughout the whole powerband. should be a nice dune.

Old 06-06-2005 | 05:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i wouldnt count on hachoo to beat me...unless its in his sleep! lol

Try a 42 on your CR, you'll like it. Put a 44 on it if you run methanol.

Old 06-06-2005 | 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

I thought this was settled on the first page??
CLEARLY I have the baddest quad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2005 | 05:54 PM
HA2
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO so YOU are the stalker that was in the chat room the other night. i thought that was todd. lol

btw, i dont think my T2 rigid with sabertooth would run good at pismo........j/k [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] i wish.

Old 06-06-2005 | 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HA2
Originally posted by: DaBeechMan

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO so YOU are the stalker that was in the chat room the other night. i thought that was todd. lol

btw, i dont think my T2 rigid with sabertooth would run good at pismo........j/k [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] i wish.

the chat room (aka nerd room)

Quick Reply: Who has the baddest quad?