Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

KERMIT CHATTER

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 03:27 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KERMIT CHATTER

I'm still wondering about these two officers giving people tickets and how exactly that's working and where? So you still have free reign everywhere out there after paying your $7???? Will they ticket you for being on other non-KSI property? Ar ethere markers that tell you who owns what?

Old 02-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Dune Rider
Which one of you is Pink?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Waiting to see what kind of quad I can buy next year. Got permission from the wife for a dirtbike, but thinking real hard about the LT-R450. Just may wait until it's second year. Then I'll have a toy I can play in the sand with, and I'll have to come out that way. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I went to local dealer to look at the Suzuki450 specifically. The dude says "No, you want the YZ450...much better, much faster". Ok how about aftermarket for the 450 I ask..."The YZ450 yada yada yada".
I left without a 450 or a YZ450.
Several YZ450 at the sandhills...They are nice.
Guess need a thread for pro and con of LT450 and the YZ450.
First Suzuki450 I saw...had to see that display of speed...I got my race alright! Got a new saying out of that one, "yea, them numbers on the side mean something huh!?". roflmao. But what the heck do I want a 450 for if I can beat it on my 250??? I was looking at it next week...impressed.
But, there is something about my two stroke I can't do without!!
Can take a stock Banshee...Predator is about even up.

Old 02-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KERMIT CHATTER

The dps dont give tickets if you go across the street etc... they just tell you not to do whatever you did wrong.. first time i went after this family went across the road and the dps just talked to and told them not to cross.. im just wondering where did they got them uniforms from =p ... lol

Old 02-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default KERMIT CHATTER

hey everybody I'm new to these forums. I just came over from planet sand and I was trying to get status on the kermit sandhills these days. I haven't been in like a year and I am way out of the loop. I am hearing some really crazy stuff so could someone just give me a real brief overview of what is going on out there? somebody that actually knows what is going on. Can you still park and camp in the same areas? Is it all fenced off now? Do you have to pay to ride? Can you still drink out there? any other stupid new rules? I would really appreciate any help you guys might be able to give me. I was planning a trip down there this weekend(10-12) and I was trying to figure out what was going on there before I drove the 3 hours to get there. Thanks for the help.

Old 02-04-2006, 12:07 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KERMIT CHATTER

This has all happened like over the past 3 weeks so it's pretty new to us too.

The parking lot still belongs to the county. You can camp there with no problems.

Here is a copy of the waiver.

Old 02-04-2006, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer
Default KERMIT CHATTER

do you have to pay by the day or what? is the riding area still about the same size? I'm gonna be there next weekend I just hope it is just like I remembered. there was nothing wrong with the way that it used to be. if anybody has any other info please let me know. thanks for the copy of the waiver samson. I need anything I can get because I know nothing about any of the changes. If anybody is gonna be there next weekend let me know. I'm always down to meet new sand buddies. Later.

Old 02-04-2006, 03:26 AM
Trailblazer
Default KERMIT CHATTER

You can still drink out there, just no bottles and put it in a cup. As long as your not drinking in front of KSI they don't know. And what they don't know.....You can take your ice chest out in the dunes with you, they're not gonna search it. All they want is to make sure you bring back your trash. Gotta have helmets and flags. Make sure you sign the waiver BEFORE you ride, they don't want any liability if something happens. Signs are posted so if you do go riding without signing a waiver and you are on KSI land and something bad happens, they have no liability. People sue now days if they stub their toe on your sidewalk!! Everyone can relate!
You can still camp for free on the counties property. You can also ride for free on the counties property. There is a fence in an L shape, kinda, so you know where county property ends. If you ride on KSI, it's $7 a day. I have heard that they might give a discount for the weekdays, BUT don't quote me on that!!! Call Danny yourself and find out all the info. His number is 432-208-1011. I'm not related to KSI, just a good friend. I'm just tryin to help out anyone that has any questions. As far as riding across 874,[south], I really don't know. Danny's wife told me that Fernandes owns the land and does not want anyone riding over there. KSI also owns land south of 874, but I really don't know exactly where or how much. She told me they don't want any riders over there either. This keeps peace with Fernandes. I make a good PR, anyone have a job out there for me?? Hope I could be of help to someone. See ya on the dunes!

Old 02-04-2006, 04:06 AM
Trailblazer
Default KERMIT CHATTER

hey cowgirl. thanks alot. you were very helpful. I think you just about answered every question I had. I am gonna be down there next weekend so I guess I will figure the rest out when I get there. I hope it is still worth the 3 hour drive that it takes me to get there. I'll be there friday night till sunday so if anybody sees a hopped up ol' atc250r with a white enclosed trailer thats me. come on over and say hi! I'm always down to meet new dune buddies. catch ya in the sand! later.

Old 02-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Dune Rider
Which one of you is Pink?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default KERMIT CHATTER

RippinATC, to finish PM-
Wish we could meet up this weekend, but we're not going out for a while. Would have a BLAST with you...have couple of Tecate KXT250's and Buddy rides a ATC250 & TRI-Z250.
LOVE 2 STROKES. Have more than we can take at one time. Trailer will hold 8. The ATC's, LT250R's , TRX250R's, LT500R's are our dune rides. The Scrambler 400 4x4's & Honda TRX500 4x4 for mountain trails. Have the smaller LT160, LT80, ATC70 & GT80 bike the kid outgrew. Projects: TRX500, KXF250R's & another KXT250R needs the sprocket so it's close (and will prob. go up for sale later). The rest of the gang stick pretty close to the Scramber 400's and 500's for Sand and Trails.
Our Buddy has a wild private collection too (2- 6 wheelers).
Other Buddy has a bike/atv shop. (Can’t even keep up with what he has for sale or what he's riding!)
We have adopted New Buddies (Pismo to Texas transplants)…Think we will keep them!
Just sold the Big Bear and LT230S.
Have a couple of Banshees, 400 Scrambler, Kawasaki Mule and 32' enclosed trailer for sale. Have a couple of motorhomes for sale (1 class A one class C). TxDuneRipper do you still have your motorhome for sale too? Time to Post in the “Classified” Forums?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Man you have way more toys than I have! I really just have one ATC250R that I have dumped silly amounts of money in but I am really proud of it. It has a big bore kit, boyesen reeds, fmf exhaust, k&n, twist throttle, paddles, lazer star lights, etc.. It will run with just about anything out there. I can hang with almost any banshee and can outrun most of the big 4-strokes. I have such a weight advantage for one thing with the single front tire and me only weighing 160 soaking wet. 2-strokes rock! I would love to find some other atc buddies. everytime I go out there it seems like I am the only one there. maybe we can meet up someday and show everybody what the first REAL atv's looked like. lol. where do live dragin? how far are you from kermit? it takes me about 2.5 or 3 hours to get there but it has always been way worth it. if you have a change in plans I'll be there this weekend(10-12). look for my ride with a white enclosed trailer. I'm a white boy 'bout 6 foot tall. 27 yo. nice to meet ya dragin. you've been cool to meet. hope we get to ride together someday! later.

Quick Reply: KERMIT CHATTER