Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

little sahara or kermit??

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little sahara or kermit??

i've never been to the dunes yet and was wondering which would be the best experience for the first time?
i really want to climb some big dunes and do some drags, i got a '04 raptor. im gonna be buying some sand tires before i go cause i heard they are a must when at the dunes.so any reply would help.and remember i want the place with the tallest dunes out of little sahara or kermit dunes.

Old 02-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Welcome to the forums, roostking660r. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'd say go to Little Sahara. Kermit isn't what it used to be, and since some of it has been taken over by private ownership, there are more issue than fun to deal with there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2007, 12:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the info. does little sahara have some nice dunes. and are there any big hill climbs.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

when i said little sahara i was talking about oklahoma, is that the same one you were talking about.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Yes, the one in OK.

Check out this site.

Or just google Little Sahara Oklahoma.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

I would definatley go to Sahara first... It is a great place to ride.

I also wouldn't worry about finding the biggest dunes to climb at either location... At Sahara, 80 ft. is about the maximum height in the big north dunes (butter-cup)... But they can be very intimidating the first time you run up one (or try to)... There are some long climbs that will challenge you when climbing out of the trees surrounding the water holes... You'll have fun on even a stock Raptor...

Also, you might be better off buying your sand tires at the dunes... Jim's in Waynoka has some deals that are very competitive with even the larger mail-order distributors. He can even order specialty items for you and have them waiting on your arrival... He can also offer some very good advice on tire selection for your riding style... You'll have to go to a shop in town anyways to buy your whip...

Have fun...

Old 10-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

We went to Little Sahara last year instead of Kermit. This weekend we will be going to Kermit instead 10/05/07. Little Sahara was cool, like you can ride you quads in town, but the sand there isn't that great. If you go to ride, go to Kermit, if you go to see something new go to Little Sahara. It's way overrated!

Old 10-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

KERMIT all the way man.. If you can go without the power hook ups, showers, service shop, and other perks that Little Sahara offers than Kermit is the way to go. The dunes are way better and it is not near as crowded or over ridden at Sahara. There is some drama going on between the different land owners but the place is open and no one is managing the land so it's really non-issue. I have been both places a bunch and if you want to party and see a lot of cool stuff then Sahara is your place. If you really want to do some serious riding that offers 100 times more jumps then hands down Kermit is your place.