Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Pictures of Little Sahara

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2001, 10:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok! Ok! now, seems that our trip to dune is switching from Silver Lake to Little Sahara.
Peoples told me that dunes are biggers at L.S.
So now I'm looking for nice pictures of that place to convince all my friends to come.
Thank you all for your help and see you there with my other crazy friend from Quebec.

Old 02-12-2001, 12:32 PM
Range Rover

Hey Turtle. Go to www.waynoka.com and surf around. Lot's of articles on Little Sahara. The park covers approximately 1700 acres with close to 1500 acres of dunes. Tallest dune is Buttercup which is just shy of 100 feet. Lots of other shorter and steeper dunes. There are two campgrounds. The South campground is the older and has the most activity. The North campground is newer and closest to the big dunes. (Only open on weekends or when the South is full) You can easily get from one campground to the other. There is an access road from the North campgrounds to an Ampride gas station that has premium fuel. Ampride has Pizza and Subs and across the parking lot is Millers Cafe. There is gas at the Oasis Cafe ( best burgers and sausage gravy). The gas at the Oasis is not high test. In Waynoka you have Jim's Sand Toys. Jim's prices are competitive with Rocky Mountain if anyone needs anything. Near the Oasis you will fine B&S Buggies which is a great place and also has parts.
Right in the South campground is another ATV shop, sorry I can't recall the name. This shop has rentals and is a LoneStar dealer.

The boundaries at Little Sahara are fenced so if anyone gets lost just find the fence and follow it. The fence is also a great trail for riding even if you are not lost.

If you need anymore info just ask. Oh, and for those who may want a Motel there are two in Waynoka. Not fancy, but not to expensive. Little Sahara Motel 580-824-2511 and it is my choice as it is across the street from Jim'Sand Toys and has better parking. Trails Inn Motel 580-854-2401. Let me know the dates when you will be there and I will try to hook up with you..

Old 02-12-2001, 12:36 PM
Range Rover

Jeez...After all the info and double checking my spelling I sure hope you are coming to Little Sahara in Oklahoma and not Little Sahara in Utah..

Old 02-12-2001, 12:49 PM
Trailblazer

Yes Duneman09, it will be Oklahoma.
thank you for your info.

Old 02-12-2001, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer

If you want to go to the BEST dunes make the trip to SoCal and go to GLAMIS BABY!! GLAMIS RULEZ!

Old 02-12-2001, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

www.uslink.net/~philzie/trip.html

The above link points to sand trips I have been on. Little Sahara, OK is my FAV so far. I am sure you will like it too. There are trees, water, brush and lots of twisty tracks at OK. It is big enough to get lost if you want. It is really easy to play hide and seek!

My wife and I are planning a trip to Little Sahara, UT in April. I have heard very good things about it, I can't wait.

Old 02-12-2001, 04:05 PM
Trailblazer

I know! I know! AZBanshee1 that Glamis is THE place to go, but for now and for me, Glamis is the place I dream to go. Silver Lake or Little Sahara OK is the places I can go.
Don't forget that we go down from the upppper north here, ( it was -25 yesterday here in Quebec city).
One day if I'm not dead, I will be in Glamis.

Old 02-12-2001, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

You might think about L.S. in Utah its much larger and has much larger dunes, some huge bowls on the backside of sand mountain. This time of year weather is cooler but can get nice. check this site, tons of pics, http://www.planetsand.com/indexhtml

Old 02-13-2001, 07:22 AM
Range Rover

Turtle; While I can add a link w/ pics I cant add to the info that duneman(great post) gave ya. I am planning a huge ride there this sept, and I have some into on my site reguarding the ride, who is going, and what is needed. At the bottom of that page there are a few links some personal pages and others for L.S. Click on the link in my signature and go to Planned trips or Whats new.

Duneman;
Great post and thanx for the info.... Is there any place close by to get race fuel? And any idea on the average cost per gallon also? How are the rangers? Any noise limits?

Thanx again and join us in sept!

walter

Old 02-13-2001, 07:47 PM
Trailblazer

Hey DunerMan09
I am not trying to start war but L.S., Utah are some SWEET A$$ dunes. IF you think Buttercup is touigh, try Sand Mountain.

Quick Reply: Pictures of Little Sahara