Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Best Dune Machine

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 02:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some videos so you guys can understand what I am talking about.
First one is a 16 Mill Banshee beating a Turbo Hayabusa

Second is a 4 Mill beating some 700cc and the DS650

Third one is a Turbo Raptor vs a 10 Mill banshee

Old 04-11-2018, 02:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by greg74
I think nobody mentioned the Suzuki Quadzilla. They're probably about as rare now as a Bigfoot sighting but those things were unbelievably fast with no mods. The Banshee did outlast the other 2 strokes though, 20 model years in the U.S., 1987 to 2006 and I see up until 2012 outside of the U.S. 25 years for any atv is an outstanding run.
I had a Quadzilla, I regret selling it now, however my uncle has two of them at his home in California which I will prob buy one of them when I meet up with him at Coos Bay this summer.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Thank you for apologizing. We're a pretty friendly bunch here and I appreciate when people catch how they might sound to the rest of the forum. A+
Your welcome.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:49 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Second2None
You must not get out much.... Have you been to Dunesfest or King of the Hill? The reigning champion is a 16 Mill Banshee He beat a Turbo Hayabusa 1300cc on a raptor frame. Yeah you read that right! TURBO Hayabusa 1300cc. Ain’t no modifications on a DS650 would even come close to beating that. Stock vs stock... yes the banshee from factory is pretty weak.... but bang for buck mods and the banshee is hard to beat at the dunes.
I've never been there, but comparing stock ATVs it looks like the DS650 always beats the Banshee. If you're talking about unlimited modifications, a rocket powered DS650 could beat that Banshee you mentioned.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I've never been there, but comparing stock ATVs it looks like the DS650 always beats the Banshee. If you're talking about unlimited modifications, a rocket powered DS650 could beat that Banshee you mentioned.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:58 PM
Moto Psycho

Any idea how much of those Banshees are actually made of Banshee parts? If it's less than 50%, they aren't really Banshees anymore.

Old 04-11-2018, 03:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Any idea how much of those Banshees are actually made of Banshee parts? If it's less than 50%, they aren't really Banshees anymore.
Especially the guy that had a Suzuki Busa motor, at least the 16 Mill is still built with the same exact engine casing.

Old 04-11-2018, 03:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

All the upgrades including engine work are specifically made for the Banshee. Its like buying a cam for my Raptor, I wouldn't get that from Yamaha, I would get it from Hotcams. Does that make it less than a Raptor?

Old 04-13-2018, 12:35 AM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by Second2None
All the upgrades including engine work are specifically made for the Banshee. Its like buying a cam for my Raptor, I wouldn't get that from Yamaha, I would get it from Hotcams. Does that make it less than a Raptor?
It would still be a Raptor. But I've seen pics and video of other ATVs with either a completely different engine, or one that's modded almost beyond recognition. And it's sitting in an aftermarket frame, with pretty much everything else replaced, except for maybe the factory plastic. If your Raptor was like that, it would be a Raptor in the same way BIGFOOT is a Ford pickup.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I remember years ago people were using Raptor 660 engine parts on Grizzly 660's to make more power. I think the power increase was pretty dramatic. Not sure if they did it with the 700 efi engine or not. These sand drag and hill climb atvs in some of these videos are quite impressive to watch but in reality they're basically a one trick pony. A lot like the 4x4 atvs(trucks too) with massive lifts and gigantic tires are really only useful in mud. Its a lot like building a muscle car to go drag racing. That's basically the only thing you can then use it for.