Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Fastest at Glamis

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2001, 09:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen a turbo banshee pull away from a 520 alcohol banshee. They rip, when they are running.

Old 11-22-2001, 02:12 AM
Range Rover

I may have come off wrong but I respect anybody who does a great job with the performance of any atv but I was rooting for the home team I think u can respect that , because the both of u have done fantastic things with your bikes .GO FAST GO HARD nobody should feel like second place because both bikes are very fast. Have a safe weekend and have a great time.

Old 11-22-2001, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks, I will mention to Dan that we had this fun little bench race.

The Legend Team

Old 11-25-2001, 10:21 AM
Range Rover

Here's the scoop. I know it's for real because I have seen the video. My friend was at the hill all day thursday friday and saturday. He flew in from pheonix last night.
Nothing could even come close to the turbo banshee. The only thing that would race it was a 780 Rotax crankinstien built by Wicked Motor Sports. The best it was clocked at was 76MPH which was the only bike other than the turbo bike that ran over 70MPH at the hill. Trinity's best 500 only ran 67mph.
The 780 and the turbo bike ran a total of 6 times on sat and twice on Friday. The 780 got schooled hard by the turbo bike on friday because it was not running quite right. The hill was so rough that several guys wrecked hard.
Sat. the guys from hiper prepped the hill so that all of the bikes could run.
Round 0ne
Run one: The turbo bike drove by the 780 by 3 bus lengths at 84mph.
Run Two: The 780 gated the turbo bike and turbo bike caught back up and passed the 780 at the top but only ran 77mph - It looked like they were changing the plugs after the race.
Round Two:
Run one: The 780 driver was jumpy and nervous so the the turbo driver let him take a roll and then drove by the poor 780 by 2 bus lengths at 84.5 MPH.
Run Two: The 780 driver was real jumpy and kept false starting. When the turbo bike would gate him he would shut down and turn around. Everyone in the crowd was yelling cheater. But it did'nt matter because the turbo bike drove by him at 85 mph and put 2 bus lengths on him again.
Round Three:
Both drivers agreed to be flagged to prevent a false start.
Run one: The turbo bike holeshoted the 780 by 1.5 bikes and railed up the hill at 86mph the best run of the day. Needless to say, the 780 was left in the dust.
Run two: The turbo bike holeshoted the 780 again and drove away with ease for an 83MPH pass. At that point the rotax was parked and the crowd was swarming around the turbo camp.
Heres the best part the last race of the day was against Trinity's best. A 500cc lonestar framed side piped banshee driven by a guy named
Steve. The turbo bike railed by your idles trinity bike like he was in reverse leaving him mid hill. Not to mention several other bikes built buy wicked racing and D&M railed the Trinity bike.
So who's crying now?

Old 11-25-2001, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

Again, all that any of the bikes need to wax the turbo is N20. Since either the turbo or N20 does not really show the skill of the engine builder -- who cares.

By the way, the Trinity bike walked away from the turbo till 3/4 hill. Also, once the whoops were removed (to take away the skill needed to pilot a race bike across the natural terrain that the turbo could not handle) that gave the turbo the advantage.

Again, the 95hp 500cc naturally asperated Banshee would easily wax the turbo with n20 BUT then again -- who cares.

I will still give the turbo credit for getting that thing to run it really does have a massive top end power shot.

Old 11-25-2001, 07:17 PM
Range Rover

Sounds like a bad case of denial. It'll take a boat load of nitrous to make a 67 mph bike go 86 mph. Good luck trying. We've got the video maybe we need to send you a copy to bring you back to reality.

By the way the turbo bike was in a stock frame and drove to and from the hill every day while the rotax had to be pull started. It used stock cylinders, a stock head, and stock carberators. Not efi. The efi bikes were built by hiper-technology. The new system was built by dan and the owner of hiper. They were both at the hill together.

Reality is what it is. Thats why there was a crowd huddled around the turbo bike the whole time and no one even paid attention to any of the slow bikes.

The owner of A&S racing builds some of the fastest 370cc motors out there. They have repeatedly beat trinity 500's for years. But no one seems to want to beleave they are actual 370's.

Just another case of denial.

Old 11-27-2001, 11:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I didnt see anybody come close to that turbo from Michigan. That banshee was a rocket and really hauled...

RoostKing...

Old 11-27-2001, 07:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I didnt go to Glamis but i talked to Charlie Ohton lastnight. I think we would all agree that he is a respected builder. He told me that he dynoed Dans turbo at 130hp. His 350 at 87hp. He also said that Dan WAS KING OF THE HILL. Said that not even the crankenstein could touch him. DSbuddy, what would i have to do to get a copy of that tape? I live in the pontiac area, actually oxford, right by Vito's. I think Dan finally shut up his skeptics. Especially with Charlie Ohton backing him and a video of him whooping everything. Sure you can say you can put NOS on the trinity and win. Youd need a whole lot of NOS to do that. If you put NOS on, whos to say dan wont turn his boost up? Face it, Dan is King of the Hill for now.

Thanks a lot

Jeremy

Old 11-27-2001, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

I saw the turbo Banshee's at Silver Lake a couple years ago..nothing could touch them.

Old 11-27-2001, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

Dan was at max boost! I just wonder why he is not running a innercooler??

It was fast as Hell but again, it is not a naturally asperated machine.

Quick Reply: Fastest at Glamis