Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Little Sahara Utah or Glamis!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 07:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's up:

I was just wondering what riding area was better. I live closer to Glamis but if Little Sahara Utah is better then I will drive there. I wanted to know which place has better weather and which one has better riding like bowls and hills. Also which is better for camping, what is the sand like at each place is it really soft or ect... ect...

Thanks

Old 02-07-2002, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think glamis is probably the king of the dunes for north america. I would guess that it is the biggest dune area and probably has overall the best riding. I have not been in about 8 years.

However, I think little sahara is the most fun duning I have ever had. I have only been a couple of times, but this year I will be making several trips at least. It is a great big area, I am not sure on the acreage, but it is large enough to get lost in. It also has sand mountain, which is about 750 feet high. It is almost unbelievable.

I live much closer to little sahara now and that is where most my duning will be done. I also think the crowd at little sahara is a little less rowdy. I have not been on a major weekend yet, so that may change.

I hope that helps.

Bat