Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

who will have pics and videos of FSW on there site??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who will have pics and videos of FSW on there site??

Anufsaid, the more people hosting videos and pics from FSW the better. Just a little warning. Buy LOTS of bandwidth and storage space for videos. 92% of my bandwidth goes to videos on my site which is running around 40 gigs (not megs) of bandwidth per month at the moment. Don't even ask what that costs from a high quality hosting company. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2002, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

Wyo, if you need some help with pics and vids I can help you out. I will be there, but not racing. Unless they add a fat guy class.

I am not the best with a camera, but can point and shoot. I am not sure when we will be getting there and where we will be camping and all that stuff. I wonder if there is cell service in the area? then maybe we could call people when getting close and find out where everyone is camping.

Long ways off yet, but cant wait. I think I am going to make a day trip to little sahara on the 7th of december. I cant wait until january to ride, have to get it out of my system before then.

Anyway, if you need some help I will try and help you out.

Later
bat

Old 11-16-2002, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

i had to change my name cuz... i don't really know y...they woundn't let me sign in so i made a new name...
just switched it up a bit...

when im not racing i'll help u out....no question about it....

Old 11-18-2002, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Bat and Distrubed, I'll take you guys up on that.... Yea, I won't race either becasue of the lack of a fat guy class. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I would really like to know about cell service there too. Anybody know how phones work at Glamis???

Old 11-18-2002, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KingRaptor
Cell service at Glamis is very hit and miss for most providers.
Even verizon??............can you hear me now???

Just kidding, I figure it would not be very good.

Wyo, no prob. I will help however I can. I think it would be best if we had a plan of where to camp. I was reading in the bomb forum about the fsw dinner and think king said washes 10 or 11 would be good.

I dont know where I am going, so it should be interesting.

Bat

Old 11-19-2002, 01:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

What about nextel two way?

Old 11-19-2002, 02:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dont know about 2 way, but at the washes, if your standing on your motorhome, with one foot in the air and rubbing your belly, you might get service. There is a pay phone at the Beach store, bring your phone card...

Wyoduner, I would help out, but Im supposed to be guarding the cooler. Sorry!

RoostKing...

Old 11-19-2002, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

Roostking, so you're gaurding the cooler huh.... I think you CAN help me out now that I think of it.... That's a beer cooler right??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Bat, I have Verizon and so far I have never been to a sand dune it hasn't worked yet... I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works. Gotta call the wife every day and tell her how it's no fun without her around. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2002, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah Wyo, my wife wont be making the trip. We found out she is pregnant. But she said even before that, that me and the boys could go without her.

She gets kind of bored if the other wives arent around. But we do have alot of fun when we go together.

Anyway, I am hoping it works also. I want to be able to hook up and camp with the group. I will have my truck (which has changed, now a F350 Diesel tan and black crew cab) and my buddies 25' toy hauler. I said we can take my truck if we take your camper. Kind of share the wealth kind of thing.

Anyway, it looks like wash 11 is the main camping area. I guess we will find that. I am hoping not to be coming in to camp at night.

take care
Bat

Old 11-20-2002, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

WyoDuner, Thanks for the info. Soon we will be purchasing a 500meg site which sould satisfy our needs. If I have some room left I will let you post some there and link to it.

Quick Reply: who will have pics and videos of FSW on there site??