Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

What are dunes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 12:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are dunes?

Murphyslaw, I'm also from KC a group of us go down to Waynoka about 4 times a year. So where do you ride in KC?

Old 01-22-2003, 12:49 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default What are dunes?

I am troubled to hear of all these "mud haters"!

Its just a tragedy!

If we didnt have mud, we wouldnt have atv's.

(unless you are refering to that orange mud) (the permanent kind), I hate that too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2003, 02:21 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What are dunes?

Hey whats up KC? I ride at Lake Perry about twice a week or lately as much as I can(with the snow and all).
You ever been thier? So far I havent come across any one who goes there.
How about you, where do you ride? If you have any places let me know, I need other places. Perry is starting to get real old. Also the hour and ten minuite drive twice a week is real, real old!
Whats Waynoka? Never heard of it.
So where in KC ya from?

Old 01-23-2003, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default What are dunes?

murphyslaw, once you go sand you'll never go back. I have several pics and videos on my site about the dunes in my area. Check it out. One thing to remember is that every dune area is different. Start at the smaller & flatter dunes and work your way up to the monster dunes in ID and UT. Little Sahara, OK and Kermit, TX are the closest to you as far as I know. Do some searches here for more details about these places. The 400ex will get around the flatter dunes fine and so should the Lakota. Don't plan on conquering any big hills with either one though. As far as I know the dunes close to you should be fine for those quads.

Old 01-27-2003, 02:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default What are dunes?

There is a website that has videos of 4-wheelers going up dunes so you get the idea, www.dunereview.com
its not my site but I just found it, and it has neat videos...

Old 01-27-2003, 02:30 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Default What are dunes?

Did you know that there is more stars in the sky than there is sand at glamis!!!!!!!!

Look up if you want to see the Glamis.

ChetRacer

Old 01-27-2003, 06:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default What are dunes?

It has been less than two weeks since my first Glamis trip. I have ridden other sand dunes many times but, this was my first trip to Glamis.

Temperature was 75-80 degrees. Rode in shorts and t-shirt.

I am going through withdrawls now. Getting the shakes. Need to go back to the sand.

Next year, the whole family goes with me to Glamis for Four Stroke Wars

www.4strokewars.com

Old 02-02-2003, 12:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default What are dunes?

o im writing to the person with the lakota and raptor that lives in kansas city thats sick of riding in the mud first i would soon as possable cause i live in veagas and go to cal. dunmont dunes i would definetly bring your raptor and by paddles because you could get stuck easy out there i would got with sharks,or sand geco[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2003, 03:21 PM
Trailblazer
Default What are dunes?

i can't wait till i take my raptor to the dunes.....i am sick of mudd with the raptor i wish sometimes i had a wolverine.....but before i got i am getting rear paddle tires and slip on t4 pipe with dyno jetting...hehe i can't wait!!!!!