Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

No driinking or even posessing alcohol in oregon dunes WTF

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 01:49 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No driinking or even posessing alcohol in oregon dunes WTF

It wont break my heart either, I think if you cant go without a beer until your done riding you have a problem.Just come on down to Dumont some time on a big weekend.

Old 03-17-2003, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

I gotta move out west! You would be lucky to see a chick with all her teeth let alone "baring her all" out here.

Old 03-18-2003, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer

attention fellow duners:
If you lived in the area for as long as i have and you care about the sport and your Rites on PUBLIC LAND here are some things to think about and keep in the back of your mind..
1# this is a federally mandated law

2# Boxcar is NOT federal land it is privatly owned therefore how can the green police enforce a law on land they have no jurisdiction on?
they cannnot just like at midnight when the dunes close they tell everyone to go back to there camps but you do not have to leave boxcar..

3# I was raised in winchester Bay and here is some info you probably don't know, the forest service would never issue a permitt to have sand/dune fest on there property that is why it is held where it is on State land, once again federally mandated law has no effect on land that is not federal

4# I m not totally against this alcohol ban the trash is getting out of hand along with the teenagers being the biggest problem I just feel they are going to far with the law I mean a guy cannot have a beer with his dinner in his weekend warrior if he is camped on the sand?? that is going to far..

Old 06-12-2003, 08:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have to agree I have lived in North Bend my entire life and have been in the sand dunes almost every day. Drinking is more or less the way it is. People come from all around to drink beer, ride bikes, and do what they love. You would have thought by reading the paper there would be absolutly NO alcohol in the dunes and if you brought it you would be sent to jail. Yeah right!!! I think there was more alcohol than usual in the dunes Memorial Day than last year, as long as you kept it in a dixie cup you were fine. It's about respecting the area and cleaning up after yourself (not being a pig). We talked the "Wonderful" want to be cops and they knew there was no way to stop people from drinking. They said they knew if they tried someone would end up shot or something bad would happen

Old 06-15-2003, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

Now all you see are the Familys and the serious people that like to race there bikes....... wich works for me....