Family ATVing Photos Post photos of yourself, family and friends on the trail.

Paiute Trail, Utah

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Making us drool once again, Specta. When I go up to Maine I'm going to be taking lots more pictures than I usually take.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Making us drool once again, Specta. When I go up to Maine I'm going to be taking lots more pictures than I usually take.
Hey MooseHenden,where abouts in Maine do you go riding? me and some buddies want to go up there some time this year,and im looking for some land to buy near the main atv trails,any good areas?? thanks.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Keep the pics a commin! Lovin it!

Old 04-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks you guys, I appreciate the comments and the compliments.

Moose - we look forward to your pictures; take extra batteries for your camera.

I got out for a short ride this afternoon.

Saturday 4/17/2010

This little canyon is only one of two trails that take you out from where I live.

These washes are fun; the road is on the right.

This one got real narrow real quick.

Finally ended and I had to climb out here.

When I climbed out of the wash I headed up here.

You can see the road and the wash next to it and the trail I climbed out of the wash onto and then headed up here.

Pictures are deceiving. The trail going up the hill in the background is one of the steepest trails I’ve been up around here.

Big Rock Candy Mountain Resort from the top of the hill, that's where I live.

I brought my wife up here the first time we found it. Even after making it up the hill she said she didn’t want to ever come up it again. LOL

Part of what make the hill difficult is that it is composed of loose shale that resembles decomposed granite. If it you stop you’ll never get going again, you'll just dig in deeper.

Round trip from my place was just over six miles. Quite a bit different from the 58 miles yesterday and there was no snow.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:08 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great stuff Specta!! Keep em coming.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:04 AM
Pro Rider

Love the Big Rock Candy Mt area! what a great place to ride! thanks for sharing.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by Troyboy68
Hey MooseHenden,where abouts in Maine do you go riding? me and some buddies want to go up there some time this year,and im looking for some land to buy near the main atv trails,any good areas?? thanks.
We're going up to the Moosehead Lake area some time in August. There are lots of places to stay that you can ride right from the front door. Hopefully some of my riding buddies will be able to come up too. If you get away from Moosehead Lake the land is less expensive than by the lake. There are tons of nice lakes up there but I've only stayed on Moosehead and the Allagash River Wilderness. Allagash River is a rough it type of canoe or kayak trip. I can't do those anymore because of a disk in my back. At least riding the PoPo doesn't bother it too much.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Specta, I usually bring a camera, but get so busy riding I don't stop for pictures. You've helped me to see the error of my ways and to turn my back on pictureless trips. I'll be taking more pics but it's hard to beat those mountains and trails you've got out your way. When we took a cross country trip in 2004 amd my oldest son and I drove my wife crazy saying, "Wow, that would be a nice place to ride". We like the Badlands in So. Dakota but I imagine the Park Rangers would be a little upset about that. Utah was also a nice time. We went to Arches NP, and Bryce Canyon. We stayed at Ruby's and noticed all the quads around. I learned from you that the trails are right in that area and even around Moab that was a good ride from Bryce. Someday...

Old 04-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

I hope that "someday" comes Moose.

Our friends that we ride with have gotten use to my picture taking, maybe I take too many. LOL

I enjoy taking them and I enjoy sharing them.

I hope you take plenty and share them with us.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

I just went into town today to pick up my mail. On my way home I did this short video coming up a little canyon that I have pictured here before.

narrow canyon

Quick Reply: Paiute Trail, Utah