Family ATVing Photos Post photos of yourself, family and friends on the trail.

Paiute Trail, Utah

Old 07-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
What are you running for tires? They look an awful lot like the ITP Holeshots like my son's Renegade has. Not impressed with them as far as sturdiness goes. Fixed one leak and now he has one that I can't find. Tried every ex-tire installation and fixer trick I know. Guess it's time for Slime.
Thanks Troy, I think I'm pretty lucky too.

Moose, they are Carlisle Bad Lands and I'm not impressed with them at all. The same tires came on my friends AC 500 LE and he had more flats than you could shake a stick at. I find that these lack traction on any surface, just a regular run of the mill tire IMO.

Loved my Carlisle ACTs, I will probably get another set of those in the late fall when the weather turns bad, these will sufice for summer trail tires. I got a really good deal on them, they still had the little nubs on them and for what I paid they will do just fine.

One thing, if you are headed into the bad lands, leave you Bad Lands home. LOL

Old 07-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

I have several friends here this weekend from Salt Lake so I took them up to Barney Lake, they had never been up this trail before.

We met at Moore’s Old Pine Inn; this is where I send my friends to stay. Moore's Old Pine Inn, Marysvale, Utah, USA

We took the short cut just to break them in.

We regrouped at the trail head, there were 12 ATVs and 2 more ATVs and a Rhino took the “nice trail” to Barney Lake.

The rain wasn’t too far behind.

I took a couple of short videos along the way. It was raining pretty good and that's what you hear in the background. I had to stop at the end of the video and put my rain gear on.

1st Video

We all stopped and put on our rain gear. Rain gear is really something you never want to travel without in this part of the country. This group actually got hailed on yesterday and it started out being beautiful days both yesterday and today.

It only rained for 15 to 20 minutes but it came down pretty hard. Off came the gear and we were on the trail again.

This is the last part of the trail right before the 10,700 ft summit, This last section really is pretty steep and right before I crest the top the front end came up just a bit. Then I turned around and went back down.

ride to the top Video

I love the flowers.

I had to leave them at the lake and head back to take care of a previous appointment but we plan to ride again tomorrow.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Nice pics and video once again!

Old 07-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Nice pics and video once again!
I second that!!

Old 07-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks you guys, we had to go for another ride today.

Not only did my some of my best friends come down to ride I met and hopefully made some new friends.

We stopped here to check out the waterfall.

Lunch time

Just a short video of this 2-track trail.
Video creek crossing

Upper Box Creek Reservoir

Headed back home.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Looks like you had another great day of riding.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

We had a great day, now back to work.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

I took some folks out for a tour today. They rented two of our 50" RZR and I drove our new Robbie Gordon RZR 4 and here's my report. LOL

link Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Old 07-28-2010, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

What were you likes and dislikes of the RZR 4? Just curious.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

I'm sure that by know you know I look at and see things different than most.

The biggest thing is that SxSs seem to separate me from the trail too much and I prefer to "ride" rather than "drive" if that makes any sense.

My single biggest dislike is I just can't get past the no engine braking, that's why when I had 4x4s they always had a stick rather than an automatic trans.

It has a really weird pocket in the floor to keep your heal in place (accelerator side) that for me makes the throttle very awkward and tiring. Picture your heal in that pocket and trying to push the accelerator to the floor and see what kind of an angle your foot is at.

It does ride and handle nice and has plenty of power.

It was raining so having a roof and windshield was nice but I was still surprised at how muddy my left side got, I would have expected better protection from this type of "vehicle".

Out of all the 2011s I drove back in June I liked the RZR S the best although I would have no use for one. They are making more and more of the trails here limited to 50" and the standard RZR is the only SxS that will fit through those gate.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Paiute Trail, Utah