Family ATVing Photos Post photos of yourself, family and friends on the trail.

Jericho Lake ATV Park in early winter

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Jericho Lake ATV Park in early winter

Hey all. I took a ride up to Jericho Lake ATV Park in Berlin, NH Sat. 11/27/10 by myself and took a few pics and a quick video of lunchtime. Pretty lame stuff but was a nice day. I'm glad I put grip heaters on the quad after this ride. Kept the hands toasty until I took the gloves off to get my camp stove going. Had to make a wind break out of my cooler and a bag I had a bunch of stuff in. I decided to head back home after 2 good snow squalls dumped maybe a 1/2" each over the space of maybe 10 minutes each. I had to keep clearing my glasses so decided it was probably going to make driving home a bit of a mess. Took me a lot longer to drive home as a result. New Englanders seem to have to relearn winter driving every year. Small, lame video is here YouTube - Lunchtime at Jericho ATV park, Berlin, NH First picture is from the parking area going on to the trails. Second is from the Eastern part of the park looking Northwest where the snow was going to be coming in. Third is, I believe, Head Pond which is part of the Upper Ammonoosuc River headwaters. Forth is looking back across to the West at the main body of the park.

Attached Thumbnails Jericho Lake ATV Park in early winter-jerichosnow-002a.jpg   Jericho Lake ATV Park in early winter-jerichosnow-005a.jpg   Jericho Lake ATV Park in early winter-jerichosnow-007a.jpg   Jericho Lake ATV Park in early winter-jerichosnow-010a.jpg  
Old 11-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Default Some more pics from Jericho Lake ATV park.

Here are a few more pics from my trip on 11/27/10. First is my lunch setup. I had to use the cooler and bag for a windbreak. I should have gone to the lower picnic area for lunch. In the background of the second pic you can see the snow starting to move in across the valley. In the third pic, about 10 minutes later it's just about got to me and I can't see the valley anymore. The forth is a small beaver pond with about an inch of ice. Winter is here.

Attached Thumbnails Jericho Lake ATV Park in early winter-jerichosnow-011a.jpg   Jericho Lake ATV Park in early winter-jerichosnow-012a.jpg   Jericho Lake ATV Park in early winter-jerichosnow-013a.jpg   Jericho Lake ATV Park in early winter-jerichosnow-015a.jpg  
Old 11-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that Progresso soup you're heatin? Ha Looks like fun!

Old 11-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by papahouse
Is that Progresso soup you're heatin? Ha Looks like fun!
Yep, Progresso chicken and noodles or something like that. That warm broth was about as good as it gets for lunch on a cold, cold day. Almost didn't bring it. Glad I did.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moose, great ride and thanks for the pictures.

Nothing lame at all about the video my friend.

Show or tell me more about your little stove. I like it.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by Specta
Moose, great ride and thanks for the pictures.

Nothing lame at all about the video my friend.

Show or tell me more about your little stove. I like it.
The stove is an older Optimus that uses pressurized butane. The cylinders are usually about $10 each or so. I still have one left that I bought 20 or so years ago. Very economical. It screws on the bottle, travels through a rubber tube to a diffuser that spreads the flame out nice and even. The diffuser sits on a tripod stand so you can heat from the size of the can of soup I had all the way up to a full sized pot. Kind of like this setup only I don't think we paid more than $40 at the time. Optimus Nova+ by Optimus and other ultra-light Multi-Fuel Stoves.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:17 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the link, neat little stove