General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Question about Polaris Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps the problem needs to be looked at a different way. Alot of PoPo owners FIX their own bikes, therefore there are alot of threads asking for help and advice. Mostly the reason for the fierce attitude is due to all the smack ppl talk about polaris bikes and owners. I for one love my Hawk, even though it had its share of problems when I first brought it home from wally world. But the dealer took care of them and with the exception of one issue it truly has been a reliable quad. And I will defend it against anyones attack No one gets away with talking bad about my baby like that...oops there's that attitude, lol...j/k. I do however like polaris products and have plans for a big brother to keep my Hawk company in the garage thats all theirs.
(come on stork!!! hurry up with that 500 EFI!!) lol

Old 07-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Shapeshifter Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea we do get alot of smack talked against us. It's people complaining about Reliability or Weight.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Polaris 23 (New Offroad Version) (With apologies to King David and the Word of God)

1 A Polaris is my ride, I shall not be in pain.

2 I travel quickly through green pastures,
I ride through deep quiet waters,

3 It keeps me happy.
And goes down paths of rockiness
with style and grunt.

4 Even though I ride
through the valley of water and rocks,
I will fear no mudhole,
for I ride a PoPo;
its plush ride and suspension,
they comfort me.

5 It rides like a couch and helps me
in the presence of other brands.
I feed you oil;
my ride keeps on going.

6 Surely clearance and AWD will help me
on the trails of my life,
and I will dwell in the forests of the world forever.

Other brands can feel free to try to make it fit theirs too.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Trailblazer

MY Scrambler is the bombdiggity. Had an issue with the reverse limiter but thats all. Still starts first pull. I just put it on ebay cause I got a Grizzly 600 to play ith now.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default smack talk

you'll often hear people make comments in reguards to there machine being superior... doesn't matter if your talking bikes, quads, sleds boats.... shotguns etc etc etc... i think it stems from several things, a couple of witch are; good natured fun taken a little far. the other thing is.... is a luxury item, meaning it's not a necesity. for some it's a statice symble and they want to have the best they can afford.

the other thing is, not everyone will or can admit faults in there purcase. they don't want to feel like a fool because they chose to spend there hard earned money on an inferior product. it's a personality trait. doesn't matter if your talking quads or weed whippers, if a guy has that personality trait, it will carry over.

i personally was quite dissappointed with my polaris. i say " was" because it quickly became obvious that my quad was better suited for plowing my short driveway and giving the kids rides around the yard! the thing literally fell apart in a matter of a few rides. i haven't even bothered registering it since 2005! it just can't handle the punishment i guess? i'm not bashing it or other polaris machines, i'm very glad to have it.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

I too notice the attitude with Polaris owners. I have yet to see one that lives up to their claims of toughness and dependability. I have talked to those that will openly admit that while they (Polaris) aren't as good as the Japanese quads, they are still loyal to Polaris "because they are made in USA". I think it is comparable to those that believe that Harley Davidson is "the best" motorcycle. I am by no means anti American, but I definately believe that these things need to be looked at with at least some degree of honesty. A person would have to be less than honest if he or she believed that Polaris makes "the best" anything. The same goes for saying that Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, or Yamaha making "the best". The competition is really tough when it comes to quads or motorcycles, and every make has it's up and down sides. I have known enough people that owned Polaris quads and still own them and some of them have had good service and some have not. I have not however known anyone that has had as much bad service from any of the Japanese makers. I think that it is no different than with anything else. It depends on how well you maintain and operate them in most cases. I don't care what brand it is, they will all break, and they will all cost you dearly to fix.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

I started buying Polaris with no particular brand loyalty in mind. What I did was travel to each and every brands dealer in my area, and researched both online and in person everything I could find about each machine. Any one of them would have been 100% sufficient for my needs, but I'm a little picky. The drive system and ground clearance were big for me, as well as comfort. Every dealer let me test drive a quad out back, and the Polaris picked me as much as I picked it. I've owned several, but my baby was a new in 02 700 twin. I lifted it 2 inches and put 28 inch mudlites on it, a winch and a plow. I took it through mudbogs at exhibitions and beat everyone else there, even to be a dink I went through in reverse. On the trail I could pull out stuck machines then drive right through where they were stuck.
I have driven big Prairies that I liked but no ground clearance, Brute Force have some awesome power, driven Grizzlies a lot both 600 and 660s, they're fine but I wouldn't want to own one. I did have a couple problems with my 700 when it was new, so I cant say it wasnt problem free, but it was a very strong, extremely capable machine. I am a brand loyal type, however this time around when I started buying quads for the family (took a break while having kids) I only wanted some inexpensive used machines, regardless of make or model. Just want to get the family out on the trails. Without really trying to I ended up with two more Polaris' (numbers 5 and 6), and a Yamaha and an Eton for the kids.
Attitude aside, it's all about having fun, but I like to brand bash like everybody else once in a while. If I were buying new I likely wouldn't even look at anything but a Polaris, however I will not ever go that route again, buying new and having to have the latest greatest thing was entirely too expensive. I just outfitted my family with 4 useable quads for less than half the cost of one new machine.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I feel ya! People here give me crap as I support Yamaha but I am one of the only ones here that can take other peoples BS and walk the walk! This whole topic brings up a pretty good point, this is why you dont see many of people that supporting other brands on this forum, allot of good folks (and some bad) have left the forum because of this constant mine is better than yours bickering!I admit I tend to stick to my guns a bit but when you you are up against a army you cant back down and there are allot of good folks here with some good info so I think I would like to stick around!

Old 10-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer

erm ... they are just atv's ... its not a bloody religion or something ...

I run polaris, because the same dealer sells my brand of tractor and they do good work ... bout it ...

Old 10-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

You call them "Just atv's" but I am willing to bet a good chunk of people on this for take better care of there quad than they do of there old laddy!

Quick Reply: Question about Polaris Owners