General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Texting while driving!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Texting while driving!

Watch this video and please pass it around.

Thanks!

Old 08-27-2009, 11:33 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda like making a video of a person crushing there own skull by hitting themselfs over the head with a Hammer, and telling the world not to do it.

Even drunks at least look at the road when there driving.

They should make the text screen show the road in the back ground of the text message,so you do have to keep looking through the windshield ever once in a awhile to see whats going on while driving.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

That's one of the more powerful PSAs I've ever seen. I've seen way too much carnage in my short 46 years. I've pulled a guy out of a burning pickup only to learn he had been driving drunk and had picked up a hitchhiker. I've seen many dead and more mangled people than I want to and I am just a private citizen. It seems to be getting worse as the years go on. I hope this video sobers up people to stop whatever they are doing when they are behind the wheel.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Makes you wonder if texting is a good feature or if the cell companies should drop this feature as a whole anyway! Certainly its not good to do while driving, but herein lies the problem...people still do it with absolutely no regard for others safety much less their own!! A very sobering lesson of what can happen!!! I cant stand texting even while sitting on the porch!! Just call me!...I hope people wake up!! and soon!! BUT...dont call when I'm driving!

Old 09-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Trailblazer

Roads too dangerous these days for cellphones period. If I use mine driving it's just to tell someone I will call them back when I stop somewhere. Texting while driving is extremely dangerous.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:38 AM
Pro Rider

I do it all, text and talk on the phone with a cig in the other hand. To try and outlaw cell phones in cars is retarded, if that's the case they need to remove radios from cars. I know more people that have been in accidents from changing a CD or looking at the radio than from being on the phone.

They tried to make phones illegal to use while driing here in Colorado. The only people it would be legal for are emergency workers. THAT IS BS, they have radios in their vehicles, they don't need the phone. I see more cops texting in their cars more than normal citizens. December 1st it will be illegal to text in your car in Colorado. How on earth will they enforce that? I will fight it and say I was dialing a number which is not illegal.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:27 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Texting is different then ,listening to a radio,talking on a cell or even being drunk because texting makes you COMPLETELY TAKE YOU EYES OFF THE ROAD! In other words your driving blind for seconds at a time.

If it was not for people texting and driving putting others in danger I would be ok with it because it would help clean out the stupit from the human gene pool.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

So you have never changed your radio station while driving, changed a CD, look at the person next to you, you must be the guy that NEVER takes his eyes off the road...

Old 09-10-2009, 07:49 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Not like a type writer does.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Trailblazer

amen to this. the road is no place for texting, in my opinion. it just takes too much concentration off driving. it only takes less than 1 minute to cause a serious accident...

Quick Reply: Texting while driving!