General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Quad Wreck, Estimate on replacement parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quad Wreck, Estimate on replacement parts

Hey guys, been a while since i checked in and posted here, a good summer +2 or 3 months.

Anyway to let you all know how i've been doing, check this link on my recent ATV status update.

Truck/ATV Accident Old Chatham 07/17/09

Oh and heres the full article.

1st Responder Broadcast Network is the definitive source of local news for the Emergency Service Community portal and Resource for Firefighting, Fire, Rescue, EMS and Safety.

Boy, that was a great day, i was going around a blind corner on a dirt road doing 45ish and i smashed into the side of an oncoming truck. I dont remember much of the accident as it occurred, what i do remember is seeing the truck, feeling myself smash against it, and then going airborne.

I got up, turned around and asked the guy in the truck if he was okay. He looked at me with such a confused look i swear i spoke to him in chinese. Also, we found my left shoe in the trailer the truck was towing haha, that was a good laugh.

I regret it happening, because i was on my way to see my girlfriend on my quad, and i practically died for her, and we're no longer together, but it was a great life lesson.

I got out of this with just a scar on my chin and some road rash on my arms, but my quad didnt get so lucky.

So heres what i need to ask;
i need all four tires, as well as the rims for those tires replaced.

The axles on both ends of the quad are bent, as well as the handle bars, the handle bars i can manage, but i either need to replace the axle's or get them bent back into place. Not sure how much this would cost, but if anyone has any ideas, go for it.

The nerf bars are a mess, but im taking those off and tossing them, and putting a new pair on, they definitely saved my legs when this happened, so i cant bear to ride without them.

I would also like to thank user ss97 in this post http://forums.atvconnection.com/suzu...-upgrades.html . If he hadnt of filled me in on the info for nerfbars, and shown me where i could get a good pair, i may well have been put in a wheel chair for the rest of my life. So thanks ss97, you may have saved my life.

Funny how all the plastics for the quad stayed put. Ironic isnt it? The least durable and expensive part, takes the least amount of damage.

I know this isn't a quote website for an estimate on repair damages, but it would cost money to have someone actually look at the quad, so i need some help here, thanks for looking everyone.